Thursday, September 13, 2012

busybusybusy...day.

Our day was a little busy today....and now I'm sitting here working and unwinding a little. A little "ME" time if you will. I don't usually need much, if any, of that, but today, I do. So I am.

Poor John suffers from terrible allergies, poor guy sneezes a zillion times a day, and can rarely breathe through his nose. It was time to make a visit to the allergist. He was SUPER brave and despite the 60-something pokes on his back, he only flinched. No tears, nothin. I was so proud of him. He ended up being allergic to several of the molds, and several trees...but she thinks some nose spray and an anti-histimine should do the trick! I can already tell he's better after ONE nose spray! YAY! I know he will feel so much better and be relieved not having to deal with that everyday!
Because he was so brave, he got to pick lunch before we took him back to lunch....his first choice? Out of ANYWHERE? McDonalds! YUCK! What is it with kids and that place. Oh yea, the toys. They gotcha just where they want ya! I very nicely asked if he would like another place....ANY other place, and he decided on Cane's...yummy, yummy Cane's. I swear I gain about 13 lbs everytime we go there. I would drink the sauce if it were on the drink choices. So good.

Funny story about Cane's. The first time Ryan took me there (4 1/2 years ago) I HATED it. Granted, I was pregnant with Braidy, and I couldn't say the word "Chicken" without turning green and hauling it to the potty to throw up...so of course I hated the place that ONLY served chicken strips. I thought it was so lame and nasty. Now? It's the bomb. I love it. Their chicken, sauce, bread, sweet tea. YUM. 


Ok back to our day. We finished with the dr., went to pick up Quin at Aunt Jess' house (lifesaver for keeping him during the appointment!), went to pick up Braidy from school, and went to Cane's. Ate a delicious lunch, took John to school for a couple hours, and went to pick up our buddy, Tabor.

Tabor's momma has been sick...and she's 8 months pregnant...and did I mention really sick? So we went to kidnap Tabor for a few hours so she could rest! Tabor and Quin played until it was time to get John. They had SO much fun together. They mainly played in Braidy's kitchen and with cars. I got a great video of them dancing to some music. Tabor has some moves. That kid!

The rest of the day was me dealing with grumpy kids (no naps = grumpy Quin!) but there was just not time to nap today, and playing with his buddy was so worth it! It was a full day, a fun day, and a tiring day! I am loving this cool and rainy weather that we had today. Such a nice change...although it did make me want to stay in my jammies, be super unproductive and drink coffee all day. 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! You are the bestest friend in the whole wide world!!! Even with a day like that you managed to fit in saving my life! I don't know how you do it but I do know you blessed me so much today. That little guy was going crazy with his sick momma! Thank you thank you thank you! Back to sleep I go. May God seriously bless you for being so amazing. I love you and those precious boys of yours that my kid can't get enough of. Thanks Mon!!!

Danielle said...

By the way I LOVE the pic of Braidy drinking the sauce & Quin in that hat!! So cute!! John's pic made me want to hug him for being so brave! That looks so painful! I'm glad he doesn't need weekly shots tho! Hope you get lots of sleep tonight! You deserve it!!!!