Monday, October 31, 2011

Nena and Pops come watch football!

You know you have a pretty awesome "Nena and Pops" when they drive 9+ hours to come visit just to come watch you play in your last football game! John (and the other 2, too!) are lucky little boys! John's football season is just about finished, and Nena and Pops were dying to see him in action. They decided to come for the weekend and see his game that was on Sunday! They got in on Friday and the fun began! They brought presents (like always), they helped the boys carve pumpkins, we fed the ducks, they took B and J to Chuck E Cheese, and they watched the boys while mommy and daddy went to the Tech game Saturday night.



After church and brunch on Sunday, it was game time! John did GREAT and showed them how he likes to score touchdowns (he had three)! We were all so proud of him and so glad they got to see a game in person. Quin was miserable the entire game (it was cold, tired, and he has some pesky teeth that need to pop on through), but it was so worth it to see our STAR shine! Thanks for coming to see us, Nena and Pops. We love you both lots and can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!






And one funny story I just want to remember....I was out grabbing some pizzas when Nena and Pops got to our house. One of the "gifts" they brought was a BUCKEE hat. If you don't know what Buckee's is...my inlaws could tell you all about it! It's kind of a family joke, but they think that place is just the best place ever (we probably would too, but we've never been to one!). Anyways as I was driving up, Braidy had the hat on and yelled, 'Momma! I got some Buckee on my head!"

1 comment:

Ty said...

LOVED the pumpkins! Those were the coolest ones I saw this halloween! John way to be such an awesome footballer! I see it runs in the family!! So cute!!