Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ten Months Old!


Quin! You're TEN months old today!!!

Here's what you're doing these days:

You have completely boycotted all babyfood and anything that resembles baby food! You are completely on table food. Your favorites that mommy uses as "go to" meals are: grilled cheese sandwiches (you will just about eat an entire one), mac n cheese (at mcalisters I order you your own kids meal!), and yogurt. Those are currently your faves. For breakfast you love pancakes, waffles, oatmeal (sometimes), cinnamon rolls, toast, and bananas.

You have discovered how much fun knocking scout's water bowl over is. At least once a day you spill her water all over the floor, completely soaking yourself and the floor, but you will just splash and splash, quite proud of what you've done. I'm shocked that you haven't noticed the dog food just next to the water. I am sure you will sooner than later.

You can pull up on everything. You're still not super sturdy, but you can pull yourself up in your bed, on the couch, fireplace, wherever! You don't really cruise yet, just stand there until you get brave enough to sit back down.

You still do the wounded soldier crawl. Still. You haven't gotten up on your knees to crawl yet. I take that back. As soon as your about a foot away from whatever you're going to, you'll get up on all 4's. Until then it's the army crawl all the way.

You love sitting by the front door and looking out.

You love flirting with girls. You always find someone to flirt with....we're in trouble!

You do great with a sippy cup. In fact (the dr. said I could!!!) I give you a cup of whole milk at breakfast and you seem to like it pretty well! You do still nurse at least 4-5 times per day.

You wear size FOUR shoes and 12 month or 12-18 month clothes.

While I'm cooking or cleaning the kitchen, you love to play in "your" cabinet. It's full of our tupperware and other odds and ends that are put there.

Our favorite thing you do is while you're eating, we will tilt our heads, and you will copy us and give us the sweetest look. Sometimes you'll do it first, but it's a fun game we like to play! Looks like this:

Your hair keeps getting curlier and curlier! And we LOVE it! As the day goes on it just gets crazy! I think you got momma's wavy/curly hair.

We got you a "big boy" carseat this month...as you were much too big for your infant carrier. It took a while to get used to but now you like it. It just doesn't recline much but you still seem to fall asleep in it ok when we're out and about sometimes.

As long as you're in your own bed you sleep great...naps and night time. You despise the pack n play and traveling is not easy (only the night times) with you. Once we're home it takes you a good week or so to get back on your schedule and back to sleeping through the night.

You're just a joy. Your triple-dimpled smile is completely contagious and your spirit is so sweet. You're super layed back, yet have become quite the momma's boy as of late...which I just eat up while it lasts. When someone talks to you while I'm holding you, you'll just lay your sweet head on my shoulder....a little bashful.

You have FOUR teeth, all on the bottom. You're still toothless on top.

We LOVE you to pieces Quin! I can't believe I'm already starting to think "FIRST BIRTHDAY"! In a blink we'll be celebrating the first year of your sweet life. Thank you for being the perfect little addition to our family. I couldn't have created you any cuter, sweeter, or more perfect if I tried. God has blessed us way beyond what we deserve with you!

Here are some sweet recent photos from my iphone the past month....




3 comments:

Sara and Ryon said...

Love him! They are so the same! From the sweetness, to the eating, their sizes, to the tupperware cabinet :) Oh so fun.

Jessica and Chris said...

WHat a sweet little blessing he has been to our little "team" we are creating :) He has such a sweet presence and I just cannot get enough of him. And his Cousin Crockett and Uncle Chris are pretty taken too! We love you Quin! Happy 10 Month Birthday!

Kenley King said...

so sweet! he's getting so big! he's just as cute as he can be! love his curly hair!