It's been 10 years since the 9-11 tragedy shook our nation. I remember I was a freshman at Tech, sitting in Chemistry class, when I overheard 2 guys behind me talking about a plane hitting a building in New York. I didn't think a whole lot of it until I got back to my dorm room. My roommate, Haley, and I sat in shock and watched it unfold on TV for what seemed like hours. I don't think the seriousness of it all hit me until I talked to my mom on the phone, and she was terrified of what was to come. When momma is scared, daughter is scared.
It's one of those events in our lifetime that everyone will always remember where they were, what they were doing when they heard. Lots has happened in 10 years, but the pain from that day will never be gone or forgotten.
The park from our house always does the neatest tribute on the anniversary of that day. They set out 3000 flags to remember the victims of 9-11. Here are our boys playing in the flags.

No comments:
Post a Comment