Thursday, May 5, 2011

"quinquin"


That's what I call him....quinquin. Not sure why that's become his nickname, as nicknames usually shorten a name, not double it. Anyways, back to the chunkiest, yummiest thing ever. He's had a few NEW things happen this week....

1. We tried his Johnny Jump Up! He is contantly "jumping" his legs when you hold him, so we thought he'd love this...and he does. He'll stay in the a good while...jumping, playing with the music toys, spinning around, he just loves it. Sometimes he will put his head all the way back as if it gets heavy...maybe it does. Anyways, he loves his new toy!




2. We tried cereal for the first time last night. He liked it about as much as Braidy did....NOT AT ALL. I am going to keep trying at least a few more days and see if he decides it is ok. If not, we will start food in a few weeks when he turns 6 months old....I know he is thinking "Gosh, there has got to be something better than this stuff!"






3. He has a tooth. Well, sort of. He has been knawing and drooling like crazy for the past month or more. The other day at lunch, Ryan felt a little tooth, but it's more of a molar. It's in the back right on the bottom. So weird but there is definitely a little tooth sticking through. I even saw it later that day. So I guess he officially has his first tooth? I don't know. Strange!
***CORRECTION*** we went to the doctor today (thought quin might have an ear infection, he doesn't...all is good) but I asked her about his "tooth" ... she called it an "oblong pearl"...it's not a tooth. Chances are he was born with it (but maybe not). It might get bigger, might not, but eventually it will go away. Interesting, eh? Learn something new everyday!

That's all. Quin, I just adore you. You are just sweet. Sweet as sugar.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I could eat him up! He's so precious! QuinQuin I can't wait to play with you! I don't blame you for not liking that cereal stuff! Wait a few weeks and you'll get to eat the good stuff!! Love you! -Aunt D