Monday, May 9, 2011

Momma's Day!

What a wonderful day I had yesterday! I think Mother's Day is one of my favorite days of the year....because being a mother is the greatest gift I've ever been given. The day started out at church, where Quin was dedicated to the Lord. He was just a little angel, almost asleep as we walked across the stage, snuggled up on daddy's chest. While dedication does not mean salvation, it does mean that Ryan and I will do our very best to raise Quin in a Christian home, teaching him about Jesus, hoping he will come to know the Lord at a young age. What an honor to be able to dedicate our sweet Quin on Mother's Day!!! LuLu and Aunt Rachy were there with us too. I am so glad they go to be there!


After church my sweet husband took us to Home Cafe' for brunch! It was really yummy and I am pretty sure that everything on the menu looked amazing.



After church we started planting our flower beds (a whole other post soon). Ryan worked all day on them and I helped towards the end when Braidy was awake from his nap and Quin was back down for #2. I am not much of a green thumb, but it was fun helping.

After we were done for the day we went to pick up John from his mom's house. He made me a pretty little flower paper for Mother's Day...so sweet! I got a bike for my birthday and the trailer thing for Mother's Day...it's AWESOME! I've used it pretty much every day since I got it last weekend. Great exercise! John, Quin and I went on a LONG bike ride (John thought it was a little too long, he was tired!)...and apparently Quin did too, he fell asleep about 10 minutes into the ride!




All in all it was a great day spent with the little boys I love the very most! I am so blessed to be a mother to 3 sweet boys, and the wife to one sweet boy!

I am also very grateful I got to spend a part of the day with my mom. She is everything to me and I love her dearly. She is an amazing mom and LuLu to our boys. I told her I never really understood just HOW much she loved us until July 10, 2008, the day my first baby was born. I always knew she loved us ALOT, but you can't understand just how much until you have a child of your own. Thank you mom for all you've done for me and still do even today. Love you SO much!!!

And to my wonderful mother-in-law! You, too, are a selfless mother who raised 3 wonderful boys (I know, firsthand, how hard that is alot of days!)...and who is an amazing Nena to our boys - always so much fun and will do anything for anyone. We wish we could have seen you yesterday, but we are very thankful for you! We love you very much!

No comments: