Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1/2 year old!


Quinny...you are 6 months old today. Your first year of life is half way over. So hard to believe....but what a sweet six months it has been. I know I use the word 'sweet' EVERYTIME I describe Quin, but that's just what he is....a big ol squishy sweet teddy bear!

1. Wearing 9 month or 6-12 month clothes...size 3 diapers
2. Weighs 18 lbs 13 oz as of today
3. Naps every 2 hours. Up for 2 hours, down for 2 hours.
4. We got UNSWADDLED this month (woo hoo!). It really wasn't that bad of a transition. Night 1 was rough, but after that it got much easier. Now he just goes down with ease...he loves his little bear lovie, and he usually sleeps on his tummy with his head in the corner!
5. We started solids on May 13th. He disliked green beans the first time but did pretty good after that. Same with peas. Yucky the first time, then decided they were ok!
6. Usually goes down for the night around 7:45 or 8....waking up once or twice to nurse.
7. Your thighs are every bit as big as your almost 3 year old brother's!
8. You love to mimic us when we "spit" with our tongue. You love to blow raspberries!
9. You love jumping in your exersaucer and Johnny Jump Up...you are constantly jumping, even when you are being held!
10. You smile constantly, and will laugh some hearty laughs if you work hard enough for it! Tickling under your chin or on your ribs usually does it. Or just act REALLY dumb over and over and over, and you'll laugh and laugh.
11. You roll all over the place.
12. Bathtime is still our favorite time of day. You still lay in your hammock, but you're WAY too big for it. We'll take it out soon enough...you love to just relax!
13. When you're tired or hungry, or just "not happy" you won't cry, but just start talking loudly....you'll get louder and keep doing this for about 10 or 20 minutes. If no one has responded then you'll cry. I honestly have only heard you really cry a handful of times.
14. Your eyes are a bluish/greenish/greyish/brownish. Seriously, they change with what you wear. This morning they looked brown. After a huge blowout and an outfit change, they looked blue because you were now wearing blue.
15. You are such a content baby. You sure fill my days with pure joy.

I love you little man. You are just precious to me, and I can't believe you are growing so fast! I am so blessed to be your mommy!!!!



And this may be the last "sign" month picture...I need to make myself some stickers or just add text to the picture....


3 comments:

Kyle and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle and Amber said...

Oh Quin you are soooo cute! I love those big eyes and lovable cheeks! Can't believe you are 6 months! And you now officially out weigh mister Cape. :)

keith said...

I seriously can not stop looking at all these cute pictures. You guys make some cute cute cute little boys! I just want to squeeze quinns cheeks! We really all need to get these boys together!