Saturday I turned TWENTY EIGHT years old. That seems old...but I still feel like i'm 18, so I guess it all works out! I had a wonderful day!!! It started out with an early breakfast at IHOP...i LOVE breakfast! Pancakes, eggs, orange juice....it just doesn't get much better than a yummy breakfast! Quin and I then headed to Christiane's Sip N See that I helped host. It was a lot of fun and I finally got to meet sweet Jake! He is just perfect. Quin looked like a giant next to him. After that I stopped and treated myself to a venti cinnamon dolce latte, because that is the key to my heart. YUM. We then spent most of the afternoon getting ready for our 2nd annual crawfish boil! It really wasn't "for" my birthday, but it was a good day for it! Lots of friends came over and we had a WONDERFUL time! We ate lots of yummy crawfish, corn, potatoes, garlic, onions, sausage....my mouth is watering as I type this! We had "adults only" so it was great to actually get to visit without worrying about your kids for once =) Quin did stay with us, but he was SUCH an angel! He was passed around and passed around, and he just smiled and was SO pleasant. He definitely got 3 gold stars for being such a sweetie! After a while we let the babysitter go and the boys came outside and had a ball. It was such a fun night....a little crazy, but fun!!!! The highlight of the party MIGHT have been when Ryan and Andy got on the trampoline to play "Crack the Egg"...good times! And yes, our trampoline survived! The next day we had another YUMMY breakfast with my Uncle Mike at Cracker Barrell (My FAVE) and then my mom cooked us steaks for lunch to celebrate my birthday....followed with a YUMMY carrot cake. Basically we ate ALL weekend long...but that's what I enjoy doing so it worked out well ;)
Thanks to everyone for making my day SO special. I am so very blessed to have such an amazing family and friends. I have spent alot of time lately thinking how blessed I am. I am very thankful for a wonderful 28 years of life, and I can't wait to see what year 29 holds!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment