Friday, December 3, 2010

Three in One!

Post number 1.
Thanksgiving Fiasco! Or should I say Sicksgiving. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. You get to spend it with all of your family, you get a big fancy meal that is unbeatable, and it's just like Christmas minus the stresses of buying gifts and all that. You get the best of everything at Thanksgiving.

This Thanksgiving will go down in the books as one of the craziest Thanksgivings we have had....ever. No one's fault, just how it happened. My sweet nephew was sick. We all thought it was just congestion mixed with lots of "car snacks" on the drive, mixed with lots of juice that made his tummy upset. As we all sat down to eat, Crockett was getting sick. We were all so sad for him and his parents. Then as we are eating, Rach gets up from the table (I thought she was going to watch a movie with Braidy in LuLu and Papaw's room) but she had left to go get sick as well. 2 down in a matter of 30 minutes. I was starting to freak out just a tad, because I had a one week old who I did not want to get sick. We finished eating and headed home to stay away from the germs.




The next day we went over to LuLus to play a little bit because Crockett was feeling much better and hadn't gotten sick in 24 hours. The boys played and I noticed Braidy was feeling hot. He had a 100.3 fever, but thankfully no throwing up. I started giving him Tylenol and Motrin but his fever would not go away. Friday night everyone went to mom's for a bbq dinner (which was amazing)! My aunt, uncle and cousin from Oklahoma was there, and Marlo and Jake were too. Poor Crockett started getting sick again, so the Stone's headed home. On the way there, both Chris and Jess started getting sick. That night Lulu and Rach both got sick as well. Little Jake got sick when they went home on Saturday, and my aunt also caught it when they got home. Praise the good Lord, no one got it at our house. Miracle. I guess we weren't around enough or for long enough, and for that I am thankful. I would have loved to spend LOTS of time with my family, but with a brand new baby, I just couldn't test it. So, moral of the story....hopefully next year no one is sick. That's just how things go with kiddos sometimes. I did take Braidy to the doctor on Saturday evening, and he had a really bad throat infection that was highly contagious. (fab!) But Quin has still stayed healthy (amazingly) and Braidy is finally starting to feel better. What a wild Thanksgiving!!!


Post number 2:
We live in an old neighborhood with TONS of trees. We love the huge trees everywhere, and they are expecially pretty as fall hit and they began to change colors. And then...all the leaves fell. Our backyard was one giant pile of leaves. I could sweep and vacuum one day, and not 10 minutes later, you couldn't tell. Leaves were taking over. Ryan and his dad tackled that project last weekend, and what a project it was. Braidy and John helped, and they really had fun once there was a giant pile for them to jump in! Here are some pictures of the fun, fall day!




Post number 3:
Quin went to his 2 week check yesterday. He weighed 9lbs 14oz and was 21.6 inches long. That put him in the 95th % for weight, the 97th % for height, and the 85th % for head circumference. He is definitely going to be my BIG baby! Goodbye Newborn diapers and most newborn outfits. He gains about 3 ounces a day. This kid is a good eater! He still is just the perfect little baby. I hope this doesn't change. He does seem to stay awake a little more throughout the day. But he just looks around, taking it all in. God truly blessed us by entrusting us with little Quin!


1 comment:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Wow! That's a lot of vomit for one holiday weekend! I'm sorry you had to endure all that with a newborn and toddler! And, I feel bad for your poor family with the sickies! AND, I still have your present that I need to get to you. I may just run it by and leave it at your door so that I don't wake sleeping babes. I know naps are random for you and baby probably at this age...