Friday, July 12, 2013

Braidy Spencer is FIVE!

My baby boy turned FIVE years old yesterday! So bittersweet. Each year I find myself thinking I'll miss the past, but in reality, everyday just gets better and better. He's become quite the sweet thing here lately. His ornery self doesn't come around near as often as it did. Now he says "Yes Ma'am" and "No Thank You" without prompting, he holds the doors for others, he says please and thank you, he still gives the greatest hugs, kisses and hourly "I love You's". He's freakishly smart, in a common sense/clever way. If he wants something he will find a way to get to it. He's very creative and I know whatever he does in life he will succeed because of that quality. He's funny and loves to make you laugh. He's a sweet soul who adores his brothers and friends. He's all boy who loves to be dirty and naked. Wouldn't trade him for the world. He's my baby and assures me he always will be.

His birthday was filled with celebrations and fun times. Started off with birthday pancakes (Curry Fam tradition) and scrambled eggs, then Aunt Jess, Crockett, Bowen and Lulu brought over birthday donuts (moms+boys tradition), both with a happy birthday song and candles of course! Lulu took Braidy and Quin for a couple hours so I could get some house work done (Party at our house later that evening!). We met for lunch at Bless Your Heart (2nd year in a row....the kid loves his "fruit place"). After a yummy lunch of lots of fruit, I took all the boys to see Despicable Me 2! Cute movie. They had a great time and ate tons of candy. After the movie Dad took Braidy and John to grab a bite for dinner before the birthday party!!!

Braidy was VERY specific in his birthday party this year. Dad and I tried and tried to persuade him to go somewhere like Jump N Jungle or a local gymnastics place (Read: EASY AND FUN)...but he was dead set on a pirate party at our house with a treasure hunt. So that's what we did. We had 15 of his friends over for a treasure hunt. They had several clues all over the front and backyard, collected gold, compasses, skeleton remains, gold dabloons, got pirate tattoos, and a mustache! They all looked adorable with their gear, eye patch, hook and headband. True pirates! After the treasure hunt, they found a pinata waiting as the final treasure filled with tons of candy. Then they dug for even more treasure in the sand box. They played chase, jumped on the trampoline and had a fun time together. Braidy got some awesome birthday presents and told me several times later that night, "This was the most awesome birthday ever!" So all the hard work and anxiety/stress that I experience when planning parties was completely worth it. Anything for that sweet Pirate of mine!

Happy Birthday Braidy Spencer! The past 5 years have been the best of my life. You bring so much JOY to our family. Your Daddy and I love you!

















No comments: