Monday, July 23, 2012

Braidy's BooBoo

Last night, like alot of nights here lately, Braidy has come into our bed without me even knowing. I just scoot over to the middle and he takes over my spot. Last night this happened and sometime early this morning (I'm thinking around 3 or 4, because it was still dark) he fell off the bed. I heard a loud bang, and he started crying, but I just picked him up off the floor and held him a little back in bed. I felt a pretty good goose egg on the back of his head, so I figured that's all that happened during the fall. He cried a little more than usual (he's a pretty tough kid), but he acted pretty hurt, but he quit crying and we went back to sleep...

Fast forward to this morning about 7 when Ryan woke up asking if it were me or Braidy who was bleeding? My pillow case had several bloody spots on it and poor braidy's face was covered in blood, especially his eyelid. I felt terrible. I got him cleaned off so we could see what happened, and sure enough, he had a little gash in his eyelid, just under his eyebrow. Daddy helped clean it (OUCH) and we put some liquid bandage on it...and once I got a hold of the doctor they said to put steri-strips on it for 4+ days....so after searching 3 different stores I finally found some, and we are on the mend!
Poor guy....he was pretty tough even though he definitely was in some pain. Maybe he learned his lesson and will stay in his own bed now! Doubt it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Poor little guy!! Only Briady can make Steri Strips look cute though! You should send his picture in for them to use on their advertising! ha! Hope it heals quickly!