Monday, May 14, 2012

twenty nine

I turned the big 2-9 this year (April 30th)....making next year "the" big year...but this year was a fun celebration, too! Ryan cooked burgers the night before my birthday...we had family and a couple friends over and it was small and sweet. Ryan got me the most amazing cake EVER from a new local bakery...and it was heavenly...the icing I could have eaten by the pound, it was delicious! I am not a big celebration-type girl, so the smaller the better for me =) I don't like much attention on me...it makes me anxious!

On my actual birthday, Aunt Jess had Braidy come down and make cupcakes with her and Crockett! They did a fabulous job and they were SO tasty! I would argue that they were better than the $4 cupcakes that you can buy at the local bakery. Homemade just does it for me!That night after a baseball game we came home and enjoyed a cupcake (or 2!) and opened gifts. Thanks to everyone for making it a very sweet and special birthday for me!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

LOVED getting to celebrate your big 2-9! Can't wait to celebrate the 3-0 too!! We're getting so old! ha! That cake WAS amazing! Actually all the food was! Great job to your hubby for planning it all! Thanks for being born Mon! I love ya!!