Our THIRD Annual Crawfish Boil was this past weekend, and what a great day it was! The weather was beautiful, the company was the best, and the spread was DELISH!
The day started out with an early morning trip to the airport to pick up the 120 lbs of crawfish that we had flown in from Louisiana! The boys LOVE playing with the crawfish, that is definitely the highlight for them! Quin was FEARLESS and just grabbed one crawfish after another, sticking his arm all the way down in the water, and even put a live crawfish in his mouth once...EWWW! I am a boy mom and not much grosses me out, but that did it! I caught him almost in time. Crockett did NOT like the crawfish and wouldn't get close. His momma and I tried bribing him with 2 new toys if he'd hold a live one, but he didn't go for it. You can see in a picture below his feelings toward the yucky things! Braidy loved them and John did too...what a fun day these boys had!!
The boys stayed with a sitter for the first part of the boil so the adults could actually enjoy ourselves - without kids...and it was a fun fun time! Lots of friends came, some have been there every year, others it was their first time! Danielle and Ty came for the first time! Every year before they've been either across the pond in Europe or across the country in LA...but this time they were there! They had a blast, and Danielle, being the silly girl that she is, loved playing with them and was very brave and held a live one! Our "quartet" from high school/college was there, and I LOVE a chance to get a picture with the 3 of them....I was so glad they all came, it was a blast hanging out with everyone! After a couple hours the kids came and joined us. Braidy ate TONS of crawfish. He ate and ate and ate. While the other 5 kids were inside eating cheese pizza, he was outside eating CRAWFISH. His Nena and Pops would have been proud! John had a few, and Quin tried some corn that burned his mouth (the seasoning we use is pretty spicy), so he was done after that.
The party ended about 9, and we were pooped. It was a blast, and although we were exhausted it was worth every last ounce of energy! This is probably our favorite thing we do all year! So much fun! My husband does a fabulous job of cooking and getting it all perfect. He's a stud!!!!





1 comment:
I think I ate my body weight in Crawfish! I'm obsessed! I can't wait for next year! I totally want to make t-shirts! Thank you so much for inviting us! It was so much fun! I still can't believe Quin is braver than all of us! ha!
Post a Comment