Wednesday, May 23, 2012

my most embarrassing moment thus far in parenting...

So...just so Braidy can read one day about how he made me want to DIE, I have to record this in a permanent place.

Today we had lunch with our weekly lunch buddies (Christiane, Ava & Jake)...at McAlister's...we always go there. We were patiently waiting on our lunch, when Braidy disappears. Not super out of the ordinary. I asked C where he went and she said he was just on the other side of this bricked wall that divided one group of tables from the next (we were outside). She notices several of the people at the group of tables away from us laughing....I go to find him and he is PULLING UP HIS DRAWERS, proudly smiling, as he has just WHIZZED in public. in front of several people trying to eat lunch. right in front of the main doors to the restaurant. Did I mention IN PUBLIC?!? I grabbed him and turned BEET red, and immediately broke out into a hot, messy, sweat.

I didn't know what to do? Do I go apologize to the poor folks that had to see that while eating? Do I go find a water hose to clean it up? I chose what any humiliated mother would do, I did NOTHING. Nope. I just hid behind that wall and hoped to God no one I knew saw what had happened, and that the people that did see would soon be leaving.

Did I mention one of the onlookers was taking a picture with his Iphone? I am sure Braidy is "famous" on facebook or twitter by now.

Ok, I feel better. The blood is slowly leaving my face...and returning to a normal shade of "skin". If he does it again, CPS may be called. I'm just sayin....

2 comments:

Jessica and Chris said...

Oh the joys of having a little boy... You know I feel your humiliation, as mom of a little boy who loves peeing in public. Where do they learn this?!? Love you :)

Leslie said...

My niece peed in the display potty at Toys R Us last week. She filled the thing up. It happens!!