Thursday, May 17, 2012

braidy-boo

Braidy. Braidy. Braidy.
This boy keeps life interesting and fun. He is a ball of fire, but a tender-heart also.

Lately he's been saying and doing the funniest things and I want to remember them forever....so here we go! And I have some funny pictures that need a place to go!

1. When he tells me I love you, I say "I love you more"...and he then says "I love you most". Name that movie!! I love it though, it is just about the sweetest thing to hear from a 3 year old mouth.

2. Lately, he's told Ryan and I a few times to "shut up"! What?!? I think I figured out where he's heard that many many times. From his mom. Yep, mother of the year right here! During the day, Scout barks her head off if she sees a person or dog walk by (and usually during Quin's naptime) So I tell her to SHUT UP! HA! So...I guess he thought that was appropriate, but he was quickly told that we do NOT tell anyone to "Shut up!" I guess I should tell Scout to be quiet instead!

3. He is ALWAYS asking what time it is. After I tell him, never skipping a beat, he will say, "What does that mean?" Then I tell him it's almost lunchtime or almost bedtime, or whatever we are about to do during the day.

4. Last night I was at bible study that we do every Wednesday night with a few girls. I get home fairly late (girls alone time = lots of talking!) So I went into check on him, and it's a good thing I did. He had somehow snuck into the kitchen and got the entire bag of tortillas, and had eaten a chunk out of several. He fell asleep mid-snack though....geez!

5. Speaking of snacks. He is a SNACKER and it drives me crazy! Not 5 minutes after a meal he will ask for a snack. If I say no, he will just get one anyways when I'm not watching. 9 times out of 10 it will be a hamburger bun. He loves all bread products....obviously.

6. When daddy leaves for work in the morning, we will tell him by, give kisses and hugs, and then daddy will leave. Well almost every morning he will freak out when he leaves and say "WAIT! I just have to tell him one more thing!" So we'll go out to the truck and who knows what he says, probably telling daddy how much he loves him! I know Daddy loves this!

7. Mom of the Year....again! Well the other day I noticed a tooth that looked like it might be a cavity, so we scheduled a visit to the pediatric dentist. Sure enough...he had SIX cavities! Six! Who has six cavities at once??? Anyways, since then I've turned into a tooth brushing nazi and no juice or milk to bed or after brushing. I didn't know milk to bed is as bad as juice. Why don't they tell you these things in child birth class? So...we've gotten 3 of them filled...he had to have a crown (SILVER...EEEK) but after I put it all into perspective, it's ok. He's healthy, he's happy, he just has a stupid silver tooth in the back that will fall out one day. So, whatever. I was super upset about it for a while, but in the big scheme of life it's not a big deal. Learn a lesson from me. Brush. Brush. Brush. and NO milk OR juice to bed! These are pictures from his appointment...first one he is super loopy from the Versed (miracle drug) and the other is at home recovering. He was a rockstar!

8. Every morning, he will ask "Do I have school today?" and if it's the weekend or T/Th I will say NO...and he will say "Do I have church today?" and if I say no, "So school and church are cwosed today?" Um...sure. Whatever. Yes, they are closed today. And then he asks the same questions about Crockett. I think next school year a visual calendar will be in order. He likes to know what's going on!


9. Gifts from God. We have discovered the yummy goodness of ROLO MINIS! If you haven't tried these, you're missing out. They are amazing, and you don't have to unwrap each one like the regular Rolos! Bonus. Anyways, I brought a bag home the other day and Braidy asked Daddy what they were called. Daddy told him they were "Gifts from God". So that is what we call them. Braidy will say, "Where did the Gifts from God go?" "I want ONE more Gift from God!" "Are all the Gifts from God gone?" We think this is pretty funny and really cute. And, really, they ARE Gifts from God! Sometimes he will call them "Gifts from Jesus" but then correct himself! Aunt D even brought Braidy his own bag of "Gifts from God" the other day....he has shared with us though, thank goodness!

Ok that's all I can think of at the moment. Braidy, I love you dearly. You're a big 'ol MESS but I wouldn't trade you for all the stars in the sky!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh Braidy I totally love you! I'm glad you enjoyed your Gifts from God! I ate mine way too fast and didn't share like you. You're much nicer! I love hearing about all the things you do now. You are such a joy to be around and your loving smile makes everyone love you instantly. I can't believe how big you're getting! I still think the tortillas in bed is my favorite of your "latest & greatest!" you're too cute! I love you!! - aunt d