John turned SEVEN YEARS OLD this past Sunday...which also happened to be Easter Sunday! He was at his moms all weekend, but he came to our house later that afternoon and we were so excited to see him and celebrate his big day! He hunted some Easter eggs (seperate post for Easter festivities), and at his request, we went to dinner at 50th Street Caboose! While Ryan and I long for the day he asks to go to Outback or 50 Yd. Line (which will be in the near future, I feel sure), he loves "Copper Caboose" and was so excited to go! He immediately told Ryan to tell our waiter it was his birthday so they would sing! I remember growing up, my sisters and I would hide and cry if they came to sing to us, and John was begging for it! So funny! After we ordered our food, he asked daddy, "When are they coming to sing to me?" HA! We finished dinner, and then it was TIME! I think he was really excited although his face won't really show it =) He ate some ice cream...and then it was time for some games! He and Braidy played and won lots of tickets. John played the same game the entire time (didn't take long to spend his $) but he got plenty of tickets to buy himself a whoopie cushion, a slap bracelet, a toy airplane, and some candy. Braidy and daddy took a little more time playing different games, and Braidy bought some Nerds and a bracelet. Quin just walked around in awe of the lights, noises, and activity going on everywhere!




After dinner we came home and Aunt Jess and Crockett came over for some birthday cookie cake! We gave him a basketball to go with his new basketball goal that he got to pick out on Monday night! We are excited for a place to play some bball now! I better brush up on my skills so I can beat everyone in some HORSE! =)




Happy 7th Birthday, John! It has been a fun year watching you excel in so many things! We love you so much and are so proud of the little man you've become!
No comments:
Post a Comment