Easter! Easter was a couple weeks ago, but we better document it! The Easter bunny left the boys a surprise and we got it before we left for church. Poppa brought the boys over an Easter surprise that morning also!



We went to church and then went to brunch with the Stone's at the Overton (YUMMY). The Easter bunny was there, and everyone was super excited except for Quin. Same reaction as he had for Santa. Didn't want near the poor bunny.
After brunch we had an Easter egg hunt at Crockett's house. They did great, and had a blast. There was no competition, in fact, Braidy would show Crockett where an egg was, and Crockett would do the same. Quin did a good job too and found quite a few.
John got to our house later that night, so while I was at church teaching Sunday School, they had another little egg hunt so John could get some eggs, too!
Happy Easter!
Oh, before I forget. A couple funny stories that I want to remember forever. When Poppa and JJ were staying at our house, I guess one of them left a small bag of the "Whopper Eggs" and of course, Braidy found them and started eating them. We were in the car and as he was finishing one of the last ones, he said "I don't yike these EGGS!". I told him that the Easter bunny would be bringing him more eggs on Sunday. His response: Well, tell that bunny I don't like these eggs! HA!
And one more, as we were driving to church I was telling him about what Easter really means, and why we celebrate it. I was telling him about Jesus dying on the cross...getting to the point that Easter is when he ROSE from the dead! Well, after I told him (for the 1000th time probably) that Jesus died on the cross, he said, "Jesus died on the cross? Oh, that is TERRIBLE!" ha! After a good laugh I told him that while it was, indeed, terrible, there was a very very happy ending to the story in that Jesus rose from the dead...i'm sure by the time I was trying to explain it, his little 3 year old brain was already thinking about the princess that is locked in the tower (at First United Methodist Church, right by our church)....but it was a sweet moment from a sweet little 3 year old. I LOVE this age and the things that come out of their mouths!

No comments:
Post a Comment