

For those of you still trying to figure out the title, Braidy and I have been taking Mommy N Me SWIMMING LESSONS for the past 2 weeks at Tech. It was a semi-last minute decision to do it, but I am SO glad we did. He has loved every second of it and has done SO well. He is definitely my fearless child. All the other parents comment about him being a "Swimming Prodigy"..."the next Michael Phelps"..well that's sweet and all, and yes, makes me proud, but I think he'll be more of a crazy stunt diver or something that just takes crazy guts. While all the other kids/babies in our class are crying because they got dipped under the water, Braidy is trying to push my hands off of him so he can swim "by myself". Ahh. He loves him some water, that's for sure!
He has learned how to do scoops with his hands, kick his feet, blow mad bubbles, float on his back (with assistance of course), jump and swim to momma, go touch the bottom of the pool, and swim underwater. His favorite part is when we go under the bridge and float on our backs while singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"...he sings that song ALL day long and it's the most precious thing my ears have ever heard.
Today was the last day and we had a "fun day" where the kids could do whatever they wanted. We played in the splash fountains, the lazy river that wasn't so lazy, it was pretty fast! He also jumped off the diving board twice, and loved it. Too fun!We've had a fun two weeks at "shimming yessins" and can't wait to do it again next summer!



1 comment:
That is too funny! I can definately see him being the fearless child you described :) I am so proud of him... maybe he can teach his cousin some of his "shimming yessin" tricks!
Post a Comment