Monday, January 4, 2010

SA Town!

We spent New Year's in San Antonio visiting my dad and Jan. We arrived on New Years Eve, ate some dinner and got to do some fireworks. It was super windy and FREEZING so we made it quick. We decided to call it a night when Poppa caught the grass on fire. HA! Luckily he had some water nearby, or else I'm thinking it might have gotten out of hand with all that wind!


I kinda stayed up until midnight with my hubby. By kinda I mean, I fell asleep and woke up as the last minute was ticking by. I still got my New Year's kiss, and that's all that really matters. New Year's morning we woke up to do presents with Poppa and JJ...man, they were good to us. The boys got spoiled again, as did Ryan and I.



We played, and ate, and played and ate some more. We fed the deer, went on a "hike", and just hung out.


That night we went to the RiverWalk and had dinner with some friends.


Saturday was the TECH game. The adults went and left the boys with a babysitter. We went tailgating for a while before heading into the Alamo Bowl. What a game! IT was awesome! We sat on the first row of the club level...about 10 rows in front of the infamous Gerald Meyer's box! Needless to say, there were cops at the door and around the seating part. He looked REALLY tired! HA! The seats were awesome (minus people wanting in and out of thier seats 87,000 times since we were on the end), the game was great, and what a good outcome! GO TECH! Unfortunately we had to head back to the LBK on Sunday. We had a wonderful time and cannot wait to go back! As much fun as we had, I think Scout might have had the most fun of us all. She got to roam free the entire weekend. I was REALLY nervous at first that she would run away, but she proved me wrong. She would go and explore, and hear her name, and come right back. I guess she knows she has a great family that loves her alot! I think she's sad to be back where all she has is a flat backyard! We'll definitely take her back next time!

No comments: