Sunday, January 10, 2010

eighteen

Our sweet baby boy is 18 months old today. That's half way to TWO!!!! What?! It's crazy to think my teeny little baby is well into "toddlerhood". And what a fun fun time this is. Every minute is something fun and exciting with this little guy. He LOVES to make people laugh, and I will say he's pretty good at it. Without giving away my "Current 18 favorite things about him" I will get onto my list.

1. My most favorite thing he does right now is "the face". Luckily I got a picture of it, because it's hard to explain. But everytime he does it, I cannot help but laugh. He sucks his lip up into his nose and does this squinty eye thing. I am not sure where he learned it, but ever since it's gotten a good reaction from people, he does it on command. What an entertainer you are, Mr. Braidy!

2. I love how he sings his ABC's. Well, not exactly sings, but he will say "A, B, and then a bunch of jibberish letters", but pretty well in tune with the ABC song.

3. I love how he totally inherited my sweet tooth. This kid might turn into an "M&M" at any second. He loves them. He calls them "emna"...close enough. They work very well for bribery too. Basically anything chocolatey, sugary, sticky, he loves.


4. I love that I think he will be easy to potty train. We have started the potty training phase. Not really training, but when I ask him if he needs to "TT in the potty" he'll run in the bathroom and 75% of the time we'll have a success. Yes, and then he'll get an "EMNA"! Really I am just glad he shows some interest in the potty. That will do for now. He's young, there will be plenty of time for serious potty training...but the sooner the better. Diapers will not be missed by this mommy.

5. I love his dance moves. I think he must have gotten his dancing skills from his mother. He just tilts his head to the right and just kinda bobs. Awkward but Adorable all at the same time.

6. I love the sound he makes for a kitty cat. Picture a very high pitched, "MAAH". And his sound for a horsey. He clicks his tongue like horseshoes trotting along.

7. I love that he still LOVES to read books. We read at least 3 everyday during the day at home. Then one before bed...if I "forget" he'll point and say "OOK!" He got a bathtub friendly book for Christmas and last night he was "reading" it to John and I. He would talk talk talk talk and then turn the page, and talk talk talk some more. We thought it was a great story!

8. I love that he is a kisser. This kid kisses EVERYTHING!!! He kisses momma, daddy, John, Scout, characters in a book, his giraffe on top of his armoire, his big giant teddy bear, Elmo on the bubble bath bottle, pictures on my phone, anything and everything. He's definitely a lover, not a fighter. I love that he will be playing on the floor, drop his toys, walk up to me, and give me a little kiss. AANNDD then he will be back to playing. Melts this momma's heart.

9. On that note, I love his poor pitiful fits that he throws. They don't happen too often, but they happen. He has the most pitiful cry and pouty lip ever.

10. I love when he wakes up in the morning. We'll lay in bed until we hear "Dadeeee, Mommmmmma," and we are greeted with the biggest, sleepiest smile in the world.

11. I love that he still wants me to rock him before bed. Even though I know it's because he just doesn't want to get in his bed, I still cherish that time. Sometimes he'll fall fast asleep, sometimes he'll do "the face" and make me laugh so hard I cry, sometimes he will just stare at me and pretend he's asleep until a giant smile creeps onto his face. I love this time. Before I know it he will be too big to fit in my arms and on my lap. I love that he points to the rocker and says "GOCK"...aka, Rock.

12. I love that he's a little guy. At the same time, I'd LOVE it if he'd decide to become a good eater. That would be great. He isn't the biggest fan of eating. Hopefully it's just a phase and soon he'll be growing and growing!

13. I love that he is happy with pretty much anyone. He seldomly shows any separation anxiety which makes life alot easier!

14. I love that he has started to watch a little Elmo. Before now he showed ZERO interest in the TV, which is a good thing, but occasionally, a few minutes to clean up here or there while he watches Elmo is nice. It may just be 5 minutes, but 5 minutes is better than no minutes. At the same time, I love that he doesn't care for TV much...he's much too busy to sit still for that long!

15. I love that his vocabulary grows daily. He repeats anything he hears. We hear new words he knows all of the time. It's so fun to hear him say his brother's name, which is a pretty new one. He says "DOHHHH" like John ALL of the time, and I'm pretty sure John loves it too!

16. I love that he has a MOUTHFUL of teeth! He currently has 16 teeth! WoW! His last "eye tooth" just broke through the other day. I think he's ready for his first steak!

17. I love watching him "speed walk/run". He can get somewhere fast. He arms kinda flail in all directions and his little feet just go go go. I'm amazed he doesn't get tripped up more than he does, maybe he's going to be a coordinated little thing!

18. I love HIM! He is such a sweet man. He bring so much joy and happiness into our family. I love that God chose Ryan and I to be his parents and John to be his brother. I love the little person that he has become and is becoming. I can tell even now, that he will be a gentleman, that he will have a soft heart, and that he will love people. I love that about him!

4 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I will no longer be able to be your friend if he is potty trained at 18 months. Just saying.

Sweet post. He is a precious little man.

Anonymous said...

I got teary eyed. I love him too.
-aunt d

Mika said...

So sweet. Thanks for sharing. My little guy is a kisser too. He'll kiss your arm, leg, shoulder, etc...He's not picky. Aren't they fun???

Jessica and Chris said...

I can't believe he is 18 months... how can it be?? He is such a little, precious man. I wish we were closer, but I treasure the time I get to spend with him. What fun days we have ahead! Love you