Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Marathon in 2010

In order to increase accountability (at least more than me), we're sharing Ryan's New Year's Resolution to the blog world. For the past year he has been working out regularly, but he's ready to take it to the next level. His goal for 2010 is to run in a full marathon, and I have no doubt that he will accomplish this. Since the bank pays for their employees to workout and lose weight, this has kickstarted this goal into full gear. He is also taking part in a contest within his bank, and the winning team gets $$$, which is also great motivation. The teams get points for working out and pounds lost...so he's definitely pulling his weight with his team. His goal as far as weight goes is to get down to 230 pounds by March 31st. As of January 1st, his starting weight was 271. Last Friday (1/15/10) he was down to 262 (-9!!). Friday weigh-in updates will be coming. He is doing this for his boys, and what better reason could there be? He wants to be around to watch them graduate, go to college, get married, have kids, etc. I, personally, am so proud of him for setting this goal and going for it. He gets up every morning at 5 to head to the gym and run 5 and 6 miles a day. I cannot wait to cheer him on (from the sidelines, of course) while he runs his marathon. I will be his biggest cheerleader there. I love you, Ryan! We are so proud of you and we are behind you 100%!!! It will be so neat for the boys to read this years from now to see just how much their daddy loves them!

2 comments:

Jessica and Chris said...

That's AWESOME!! I have no doubt he will accomplish this goal. I wish I were half that motivated :)

Danielle said...

Ryan you are my HERO! I'll be praying for you throughout the journey! I have NO doubt you'll meet this goal! What a cool goal to have! Way to go!! -Danielle