Friday, July 25, 2008

2 Weeks and still GROWING strong...

While my little angel is sleeping soundly, I thought i'd try to update our blog...these chances are few and far between!

We went to our 2 week check today...Braidy now weighs a whoppin' 7lbs 9oz. On Monday he weighed 6lbs 15oz...so he has gained 10 oz in 5 days. That's right, he is a BIG eater and it is apparently doing him some good! Hopefully his mommy is not gaining as much weight as he is, because I can't seem to stop eating either!!! Poor baby had to get the PKU testing, which means they stick their heel and squeeze all kinds of blood out, he did not like it one bit. Once they were done, he was ok again. He is in the 75th percentile in height (20.6in.), 30th percentile in weight (7lbs. 9oz.) and 65th percentile in head circumference (14.4in.). I know some of you don't care to know the in's and out's of his doctor report, but I am doing it more for us so we can look back on this post when he keeps on growing and growing.

For the past week, we have been hanging out enjoying our time together as a family. We have had a few visitors here and there, and some great food brought over by some great friends! John continues to be a great big brother, and even wanted to hold Braidy the other day!

We try to get out of the house at least once a day (being locked in a house gets old pretty quick) but it sure is tough to get out. By the time I have Braidy fed and ready to go and myself ready to go, he is ready to eat again! It's much easier in the evenings when Ryan is home! I don't know how single moms do it...what a challenge!

Some things we've done this past week:
1. taken our first "real" bath in our cool hammock bathtub...Lulu helped and he really liked bathtime! (until it was time to get out)
2. smile! he smiles all the time, but it's probably just gas!
3. in the middle of the night a couple nights ago he was laughing, he had a huge grin on his face, he was asleep, and laughing his head off, it was the funniest/cutest thing in the world!
4. gone on our first "real" outing to a CityBank party last night as a family...it was pretty hot but we hung in there for quite a while!

Ok he's waking up...Here are some pictures from the doctor and others....enjoy!







1 comment:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Too, too sweet pictures! I totally hope y'all are able to come!!! I would love to see Mr. Braidy and you (he looks like a mini-you)!