Thursday, April 4, 2013

braidy's first ever t-ball game!

Your first ever t-ball game is a big deal! At least to the momma it is! 

A couple of weeks ago, Braidy's t-ball team "The Scrappers" had their first game. Rachy and I got there as it was starting and saw Braidy at catcher! It was hilarious and we were laughing the entire time. They are a bunch of 4 year olds who are CLUELESS. Sweet Braidy, love him, had not a clue. His head was in the clouds. The ball would be behind him and he'd be running towards pitcher, or it would be 2 feet away from him as the other team hit it and he just stood there and didn't go get it...but I did remind myself this was their first game. Ever. 2 practices don't really count.

So as the game went on, things picked up a bit. Balls were (kinda) being caught, being thrown to the pitcher, and they actually hit the ball fairly well, all things considered! The first few batters did run to the pitchers mound, and almost all of them had to be reminded where to run to get to first base. Towards the end of the game, they did have that down, so I say progress was made!

They had fun and really did well for the first game. It was very entertaining to watch and was great for a good laugh. I can't wait to watch the next game to see if they remember anything! ha! Ryan is coaching and I have to say, he is SUPER patient with them and does a fabulous job. Not everyone can herd cats quite like him! 

No comments: