Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whew! 2013 is Here!

2013 has started off with a bang, and hasn't let up yet. It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I have totally neglected this here blog. Time to catch up!

1. On the 2nd I started keeping a sweet newborn baby. Ryker is almost 3 months old, and sweet as can be. Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE newborns, or babies any age for that matter, so I was excited to tell our friends I can keep him until June. The boys love him and still can't quite get his name right. He's "baby titus" to the boys 90% of the time. One day he will always be Ryker! They are so sweet to him and have kissed him more times than I can count!
2. I tried to potty train Quin the first weekend of 2013 and failed. Not because of Quin, he did really good, but because of me. I did the '3 Day Method' and the first 2 days weren't half bad. Accidents, yes, but that is to be expected. Day 3 is usually when it clicks. Well, day 3, I woke up SICK AS A DOG. Tummy bug was here, along with a severe pounding headache. I couldn't get on my feet without getting sick to my stomach, so I stayed horizontal on the couch most of the day. Potty training wasn't happening. So, we postponed. He still asks to wear undies everyday, and I let him. He does pretty good, but I just need to get serious and do it. He's ready.

3. Speaking of undies and related items. Every night, and sometimes during the day, Quin will take his pj's (or clothes) off at bedtime (or in the middle of the day) and take his diaper off! Do they make jammies with a combination lock on them? Seriously. We will put him down in bed, and think he's off in dreamland, but 20 or so minutes later, he cries the "something is wrong" cry, and I'll go in there and he's stark naked, freezing, and usually has TT'd in his bed. This is fun, and is getting old. Keep your clothes on kid!!!!

4. Back to tummy bug day, my mom came over at lunch and saved my life. She brought me 2 Zofran and a sprite from Jess (amazing) and fed the boys and took Braidy for the afternoon. Seriously I am forever indebted to her for this.

5. School has started back, and John has been named STUDENT OF THE MONTH! He makes us so so so proud. He's also been chosen to be in the "Citizenship Club", and also only missed ONE question on all of his 6 weeks assessments combined. This kiddo is smart and is such a good student. Super proud of you, John!
6. I got away last weekend for Erica's Bachelorette Party! She's getting married next weekend in Cabo, and sadly, I won't be there. But we did have a great time at her Bach weekend. We went to my dad's house and hit up some of San Antonio and Greune, TX! We had a blast. It was so fun hanging out with a bunch of girls for a couple of days! Erica is going to be the most beautiful bride. I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! Keith, you're a lucky man!
7. Braidy has been quite the character lately....or always, I should say. Yesterday as Quin was coloring allllll over John's closet walls (I knew it was quiet in there), Braidy was coloring himself green. Yes, you read that right. Face, feet, arms, hands. I asked him what on God's green earth was he doing. Duh, mom, I was being the HULK. Shoulda known.

8. He also has begun drawing. I remember John was really into drawing at about this same age. I love it. He drew the sweetest picture of him and I, and of he and Ryan the other day. He has brought home many pictures of bears lately. Almost everything he draws has eyelashes, except boys. It makes me laugh. He said he put some "makeup" on me on the picture he drew. Too sweet. Here's me and B:
 Daddy and B:
OK, I feel a little more caught up. Now back to the NEVER ending to-do list.

No comments: