Tuesday, January 22, 2013

quin wears undies!

For the first time in almost 5 years, diapers are off of our grocery list!!! That's right, Quin is potty trained! This past weekend, on Saturday morning, he took his diaper off (normal) when he went #2 (sorry if TMI, this is what mom's deal with!) and he came and told me. Ryan said, "I think he's trying to tell you he wants to be potty trained!" And I couldn't have agreed more. Really, he couldn't have been more clear except to write it on my forehead --- "MOM PLEASE POTTY TRAIN ME NOW!" So we did. We went straight undies Saturday morning and he had no accidents that day, even at naptime. Very proud. We ran several long errands, went to a basketball game of Johns, and he stayed dry. Sunday was the same story, church with no accidents, etc. He has had an accident during the night everynight so far, but I can handle that, and I think it will get better, but I don't believe in pull-ups so we will deal with it. 2/3 nights I think he had an accident as he was waiting for us to get him out of bed, so when we make his crib into a big boy bed (soon, as soon as potty training is not "new") he will be able to get up and go as soon as he wakes up. We are soooo proud of Quinny! This was the easiest potty training ever....but I shouldn't expect anything less from Q, he's been SO easy from day one about everything. He's the cutest little thing in undies too, he fills them out better than his 4.5 year old brother! ha! We do still give him 3 m&m's after every successful potty trip, but it works and that is great! Way to go, QUIN!!! You're awesome and we love you and are so proud of your BIG boy milestone you've reached!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Quinny you're getting so big! I am so proud of you and am not surprised that you basically potty trained yourself! Love the big boy undies! You are way cool!