Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Trail

Lubbock has the coolest thing one weekend a year. The Pumpkin Trail. People bring their very own carved pumpkins to the Arboretum and the pumpkins are assembled in a trail, where people walk along looking at all of the different pumpkins. There were some really neat ones. I wished I had gotten a few more pictures of the orange, round, carved pumpkins, but I was too busy chasing and taking pictures of the 3 little pumpkins that were trailing along with us!

We joined the Touchstone family and loaded up the 2 littles in the wagon. Braidy walked...sometimes ran along with us, and sometimes in front of us. He stopped along at every pumpkin that had his "top" missing, and tried to fix them. Some of the pumpkins were a bit wilted, so their "hats" wouldn't fit anymore, but he still tried. He also found great joy in blowing out the candles inside the pumpkins, and I am 99% sure I saw him spit into one, putting the small flame out. Ah, good stuff. Finally I guess he got tired of that, or we got him sidetracked enough, and he quit that business. We tried a few times for photo ops of all 3, and after a couple attempts we decided it just wasn't worth it.


They all LOVED the pumpkins. They loved playing, they loved being a Scarecrow, and they especially loved the hot cocoa, mini chocolate bar, and the glow bracelets that Aunt D and Uncle Ty bought for them! What a treat! Almost everything was loved, but Quin did NOT like the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz. For the grand finale they did an "OZ" scene with pumpkins for all of the characters except the Wicked Witch, she was real looking, and scared my baby to death. He kept looking at her and just would cry and cry. We left there quickly.

The real fun started when Ricky and Anita showed up (Tabor's grandparents). Ricky is always so much fun to have around, and he pulled the little boys in the wagon super fast, while monster Braidy chased them. Uncle Ty took a turn while Ricky rested. Whew. But they thought it was SO fun, and Braidy was crying for Ricky the whole way home. Quin busted the glow stick in his mouth, and he had glowing teeth, but we survived that, drank some water, and were good to go.

We had a fun fun time! I can't wait until next year. We will be participating in the pumpkin carving/donating. I can't wait to come up with something fun to contribute! Lots of pictures to enjoy!


Three little pumpkins....

Really this picture was supposed to be of B with the SMASH HULK pumpkin, which barely made the photo (down by his feet)...thanks Bart for stealing the show.


Our 3 Scarecrows!




See Quin checking out the Wicked Witch....!

Fun with glowsticks, chocolate, and hot cocoa!



Group Shot!

Touchstone Family of 3....for just a few more days!

My attempt at a picture with my boys....Braidy was done.

Sweet friends!

Fun playing chase with Ricky!






1 comment:

Danielle said...

The last picture HAS to be my favorite! Braidy is face first in the grass! ha! What a fun night! I think we all slept really well that night! Even after all the chocolate and glow stick juice! ;-) Love those boys!