Friday, January 13, 2012

The Super Six.

This is going to be ALL over the place so bear with me...

#1. We got some new neighbors a week or so ago, and we LOVE them! No, really, we LOVE them. It's my sister, brother-in-law and nephew Crockett!!! They moved 2 houses down and we LOVE it! The boys play all the time, Jess and I watch each other's kids so we can run errands, get our haircut, etc. It's SO nice! It won't be long before Braidy just leaves and walks down there by himself I'm sure, but at least we know where he'll be!

#2. Those same new neighbors found out this week they will be having another BOY in June! Another nephew for us! We are so excited, and can't wait until our basketball team is complete! HA!

#3. Braidy is offically 3 1/2 years old. I wanted to do a whole post on this, but just didn't get around to it. Some of my favorite things he says/does these days are: Anytime he has an "idea" or says something, he'll ask me, "Does that sound like a great idea?", He and Ryan will exchange "I love You's" and then Braidy will say "We both love each other!", When I'm holding Quin and he wants me to hold him too, he will say "Hold both of your boys, Momma!", He is currently quite the Iphone gamer, so when we "buy" a new game from the appstore (that he knows how to get to and choose games from, mind you) when it's loading, he will say "It's Yodin'", or did it "Yode"? One day we'll be able to say our 'L's. He loves to play Hide & Seek, he always has his backpack on (usually full with his Toy Story 3 characters) and he will say "I'm going on a 'benture"....aka an adventure. He loves to assign everyone to a character....usually Alvin and the Chipmunks....He will make me, Quin, and John a chipmunk (Alvin, EE-dore, and Simon), and he is always Dave. And one more that just melted momma's heart...he was trying to get Ryan to let him sleep with us the other night (he almost had him...) and after Ryan said no, Braidy said sadly "But I don't have a momma in my bed!"

#4. John started basketball the other day. His first game was last weekend and it was too fun to watch. They did alot better than I thought (they have only practiced a couple times before Christmas) but they actually could dribble and shoot. My friend Kristen's little boy, Carter, is on John's team so I am looking forward to seeing her beautiful face every weekend, too! Double score!

#5. Quin is finally back to his old self after our trip/his ear infection...sleeping all night (THANK YOU JESUS) and being happy! Whew! However, he's like a little tornado. The other day he pulled out every sandwich bag out of the box and had them all over my kitchen floor. His new fridge magnets that he got for Christmas....all he does with them are throw them on the floor...over and over and over again. He found a roll of toilet paper yesterday (we keep them up on the counters in the bathroom) and he had a hayday...and I didn't even stop him because he was occupied and happy for about 10 minutes while I was getting ready! YES!

#6. And lastly....a good story that I hope to never forget....not that I could. Yesterday....I had Braidy, Quin and Crockett over here...Jess was home getting ready, and I thought I would jump in the shower SUPER fast .... it couldn't have been longer than 5 minutes, but I got out and immediately heard our front door (the glass door) shut. So I get a towel on, and come in the front room, where I left the 3 of them....no one is here. I look outside and see Braidy and Crockett just playing in the front yard. I look around and see Quin over by our side gate just chewing on a rock. I can't make this stuff up if I tried. So I run outside IN MY TOWEL with SOPPING WET HAIR and grab Quin, telling the big boys to get inside, pleading and praying that no one drives down my street while I am in the front yard in my towel. Prayers were answered, no one drove by. I promise I was running faster than I ever have. I hope no neighbors were looking out their windows around 11am yesterday, or they will be really worried about what goes on at the Curry household. Ahhhh. The joys of motherhood.

4 comments:

Jessica and Chris said...

HAHA I still laugh when I think about that! ONLY because nothing bad happened. I still think the shock collars are not a bad idea :) Love y'all

Sara and Ryon said...

Wow I love this. Yes Mason is a tornado too. Gosh the things he do in just ten minutes! I like the shock collar idea too, I may just steal that idea :)

The Toogood's said...

Ahhhh how fun to be SO close! This made me miss my old house & my sister SO much... You guys are so lucky! Love the story too about going outside. Graham discovered how to open all doors, let's just say 22 months & nursing a newborn gets a little scary! Ha!

kristen lewis said...

I made your blog! Woot! I am loving basketball for the exact same reason. Also, you are not the only one that has been in the front yard less than fully clothed! :)