Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quin the Energizer Bunny


Sweet Quin. This is a real life post, about what REAL life looks like these days with you. While I couldn't love you any more if I tried, you also wear me plum out! I thought Braidy was the busiest baby/toddler, you are proving me wrong in so many ways. This sums up my days with you

"If you're not on my hip, there's a mess to be cleaned up somewhere!".

You GO GO GO 100mph ALL.DAY.LONG. Stopping only to nap for a couple hours here and there (which I am thankful for, so I can rest some too!). You are a CLIMBER. In the past week, I have found you on top of my computer desk, on top of the toilet finding the hidden toilet paper, outside on top of the picnic table trying to get on the trampoline, on top of the kitchen table drinking my Dr. Pepper, trying to climb up John's bunk beds, crawling on the fireplace that he had climbed up on. It's a miracle we haven't been to the ER yet for stitches (knock on wood). Daily, he will pour all of Scout's food out, quickly followed by her water, he somehow knows when a bathroom door has been accidentally left open (I swear he has a radar that must go off) and he plays in the toilet water, (sometimes just water, sometimes yellowish water). He empties boxes of sandwich bags, he gets into mom's stuff in the bathroom, it is just never ending! He is an adventurer, that is for certain and he keeps me on my toes to say the least.


With all of this said, although I get super frustrated at times and exhausted, I am SO very thankful for this little ball of energy. He gives the greatest kisses of all times, and he has the sweetest smile. He is So funny and I love that he loves his little life, even though mean ol' mommy ruins his fun sometimes.


Are all little boys like this? Did I just get lucky and have 2 that gave me a run for my money? Do girls do this stuff too? Is this just normal toddler behavior?

Quinny- Thanks for keeping me young and for keeping life interesting! I LOVE You SO SO much!

1 comment:

Mika said...

Oh my goodness. Sounds so very familiar. Jace climbs on everything and is completely fearless. We have to keep the bathroom doors locked because he too plays in the potty water and it totally grosses me out. Thanks for sharing so I know I'm not alone. Miss you!