Friday night, Poppa and JJ came over along with Aunt Jess, Aunt Rach and Crockett to start the weekend of celebration off. We had pizza from Orlando's and the boys just played and played. Poppa and John played catch and everyone played on the trampoline. We had a great time just hanging out!




Saturday (BIRTHDAY) morning, we made birthday pancakes and he got to blow out 2 candles, which he loved! We've been practicing singing Happy Birthday and blowing out candles for a while now, so he's a pro!



We decided to have a "Bug" Birthday party this year. The kids took their bug catchers and went on a bug hunt, we played in the backyard, ate yummy trailmix, had cupcakes with bugs on top, and "kinda" opened presents. Braidy didn't exactly love his party this year. I think he was running low on sleep and a little overwhelmed with everything all at the same time. Sleepy + Overwhelmed = Meltdown(s). He was the happiest when everyone was just playing in the backyard, where he could do his own thing. He was the unhappiest when it was time to open gifts. He made it through a couple and then meltdown #1 happened. He wanted nothing to do with the presents..so I got to finish for him. He did enjoy blowing out his candles on his cupcake. Major meltdown #2 happened when it was time to give his friends their "S'more favors"...he did NOT want to let anyone else have one, I guess he thought they were all his. Besides those 2 instances, we had a great time and really enjoyed all of our family and friends coming to help us celebrate another birthday for our little man.







After the party, all of the family stayed around to visit. Braidy, Crockett, and John played in the water, suds, drank DP, ate lots more trail mix, and just had fun playing with each other....and the adults had fun watching and laughing at them playing together...they sure are funny.




Sunday for lunch, Nena and Pops cooked a WONDERFUL birthday lunch consisting of fried shrimp, salad, potatoes and corn. Lulu and Papaw, Crockett, Jess and Chris all came over to enjoy lunch with us. We had a great feast with even greater company!
This 2nd year has just been as joyful as the first one. I love watching you grow and learn new things daily. I love hearing new words and phrases come out of your little mouth...."DOH MAN!" is a favorite these days, as well as "I want Docor Peppah". You say 7 and 8 word sentences that make me laugh daily. You love asking questions as a 2 year old. "What you say, Momma" when you don't hear what I said, or if you don't understand something "What that mean, momma?" Another question we hear about 100 times a day is "What Dooooooin, momma?" or "What Doooooooin, daddy?" You are still very social and love being around your friends. We moved you into a big boy bed a couple of weeks ago, and you're doing pretty good. Better than expected, anyways! You're growing up right before our eyes, and I love the opportunity to watch it everyday, all day. There's nothing better than being your mommy and daddy!!!! We love you SO much, Mr. Braidy Spencer! I cannot wait to see what year #3 holds for you. I know it will be just as special as the first two.
At his 2 year well-check today he weighed 24 lbs and was 33 inches long...5th percentile in weight (up from 3rd!) and 35th percentile for height.

2 comments:
Such a fun weekend to celebrate such a special little man! I love you SO much, Braidy, and can't believe you are growing up so fast. Happy 2nd Birthday!
Happy 2nd birthday Braidy! I love you so much!! You are growing up too fast!
Post a Comment