For the whole month of October, I had Quin's birthday party scheduled at the Pumpkin Patch. I thought it would be fun, but something in me wasn't sure the weather would cooperate. After all, in Lubbock in November, you could either have a 75 degree day, or a 15 degree day with snow. Luckily a few weeks before his birthday, I decided to play it safe and do an indoor swimming party at BodyWorks. That way, no matter what, we would be good. Fast forward to the party, it was FREEEEEZING! Some icy roads, snow in the forecast and downright, cold. THe pumpkin patch was closed, churches were cancelling services, the city was shutting down. Luckily, our friends still came to party with Quinny!
We got to the swimming place, Quin saw it, and said "I don't want to swim!"...I told him this was his party (he had been SO excited eariler!). So we get in there, take all of his layers off, and he is adamant about not swimming, and asks when we get to go home. Mom fail. BUT all of the other kids had a blast, and eventually Quin liked it ok. He stood by the stairs the whole time and didn't venture too far from the side (even though the whole splash pool was about 1 foot deep)!
All of his buddies were there and they had a blast. After swimming, it was cake, presents and play time. He got lots of goodies, the cake was delicious, and his favorite part might have been the giant slide he got to slide down a few times. All in all, it was a success and I think he had a great time, even if the swimming wasn't his favorite!












No comments:
Post a Comment