
Sappy post first, and then about our fun day we had today with the birthday boy.
Three.
Where did the past 3 years go, and can I please have them back? This little boy is such a dream. Literally from the moment he was born, he was so calm, so sweet and so content. This hasn't changed much, from infancy all the way into toddler/childhood. He's easy. He goes with the flow. He is very content in most situations. He showers you with affection and holds you tight with his hugs. If I could bottle him up and sell it, I'd be a millionaire. (OK, maybe I am his momma and SUPER predjudiced, but still!) I'm a little emotional about this birthday. Birthdays are a big deal to me, but because we are 99% sure he will be our last baby, it's even harder to swallow, that he is turning three.
I love SO many things about this little 3 year old, but here are a few that I want to remember at this stage in his life:
1. His hair. He has the best hair. I have to dry it after bathtime, and comb it before school. It's got some natural wave to it and I L-O-V-E playing with it while he sits in my lap and snuggles. It's the best! His hair has even earned him the nickname "Beiber" from his Aunt D! Ha!
2. Some of the things he says. One being when he says, "Momma, you're my best baby in the whole world!" Except "world" is "weeld".
He loves to repeat things on movies. A few of his current favorites: "Dad, watch this!" Ow, my BOOBS! That's what Norman Para say-s". I must explain this one. ParaNorman is some movie the boys watched a couple times around Halloween, and he picked up on this line. He does grab his chest as he says it and we laugh. Every. Single. Time.
Another one is "Oh Coconuts!" That's from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
After he says one of his lines, he says "Mom, am I funny?"
A thousand times a day. "Mom, how did God make cars? How did God make clouds? How did God make the grocery store? How did God make houses? How did God make the streets?" And on, and on, and on!
3. Prayers. He loves to pray at the dinner table. He will start off great. "Dear God, thank for today......" then ALWAYS, looks up and asks "What's something else" So Ryan or I will suggest something else to thank God for, and then...."What's something else?"....but at bedtime, he remembers it all and talks to God like they're buddies!
4. Dimples. He has tons of them, and they get him out of a lot of trouble around here.
5. He thinks he is one of the boys. We have several older boys that play at our house almost everyday, and he is almost always out there just in the middle of it all. I love his confidence and his ability to play with almost anyone, and have fun while doing it! The big kids seem to adore him too!
6. Speaking of adoration, this kid ADORES his big brothers. He thinks they hung the moon. He has a special relationship with them both. Braidy is his best bud, but they fight like brothers, too. They have a blast together and miss each other greatly while apart. Quin thinks the world of John. He's the protector and someone he completely looks up to. He loves his Johnny and is always so happy when he's at our house. John is his hero!
7. He is very affectionate. He loves giving tons of kisses, hugs, "I love you's", hand holding, sitting in laps, sleeping together, being close. He still lets me hold him, help him and touch him. He's very independent on many things, but his affectionate personality remains.
Quin,
Thank you for truly being a JOY to all who know you. Thank you for making us smile and laugh and enjoy life everyday. Thank you for reminding us of the important things in life. Thank you for opening our hearts bigger than ever. We adore you and think you are pretty perfect. These past 3 years have been the best. I'll never forget bringing you into this world. November 18th is one of my most treasured days because of YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment