Monday, June 10, 2013

great intentions

So Ryan has been out of town for the past 2 weeks for Graduate Banking School at SMU. He got back last Friday! (whew, we survived!)

I had the BEST intentions of using my "ME" time to catch up on blogging, update the boys Shutterfly yearly books, catch up on invitations (I accomplished this, for the most part), read a book or 2, and catch up on some rest (which I did somewhat). I failed miserably at the blogging and book part. I LOVE working late in the night and early into the morning. It's quiet and dark and no one is asking me to do things or get them food or milk, or this or that. It's the only time of day it's quiet, so I work and really enjoy being a night owl. I don't do it too often, because I do like to go to bed with my husband but some nights when he crashes early, I take advantage.

So I thought since I'd be going to bed alone for 2 weeks, that was almost 14 nights of lots of productive hours. Boy, was I wrong. Turns out being a single parent, once the kids are in bed, YOU TURN INTO A PUMPKIN. I seriously couldn't do anything but get in bed, no TV, no book, and crash. I was exhausted by night time. You single parents out there, you are my HEROES. I have no idea how you do it. I did enjoy the first few days of "singleness" and I was honest with Ryan about that (I think he enjoyed it too) but by about day 4, I needed back up. My children were driving me crazy, I was tired and frustrated, and tired and stretched and tired. Get it? I probably don't give my husband enough credit, but he apparently does a LOT. My trash piled up, our lawn got super long, and bath duty everynight made me realize what a huge part of this partnership thing we have going called Parenthood.

Anywho, here's a rundown of our weeks. We tried our hardest to stay busy and have some fun. We ate out almost every night (I refuse to cook when he's not here), and we ate lots of PB&J's for lunch. I had a fun 2 weeks with my 2 youngest boys, but we sure were glad when daddy (and Johnny!) got home! What did we do? So glad you asked!

We played with our friends down the street and played in the water, the slip n slide, and even washed daddy's truck! We ate too many popsicles to count!
 We found a turtle in our front yard one night....sadly, it was gone from our backyard the next morning.
 We got simpled out and laughed until we cried while playing with a butterfly net!
We swung at a friend's house. And ate chocolate ice cream, obviously!
Braidy was given his first ever trophy!
 We had lots of picnics in the front yard. This was dinner at Cane's....our favorite!
 We had a TOY wash! All of our toys in our side yard were filthy, so we washed them. In our jammies, no less!
 We had some slumber parties in mom's bed!
 We went to see Uncle Ty, and we all tried sneaking in the U-Haul that was moving them to Ft. Worth.
 Quin scored some great hand-me-down Thomas rainboots....and you've never seen a happier little boy!
 We had J&J come over while their parents went out one night. We made our own pizzas, jumped on the trampoline, watched a little of a movie, had S'more pizza outside with a few other friends and had a very loud screaming contest.


 We went to church and sent a picture to daddy to show him how handsome his boys looked
 we played some baseball in our jammies with our hat and rainboots on.
We threw sand on the trampoline (BAD), but drew spiders in it...
We wrestled
 We brushed our teeth a million times per day.
 Braidy started swimming lessons with Coach Donny and did awesome!
 We played in our neigbbor's sprinklers and pretended to take a siesta.
 Some of us (not all of us) ate dinner in the buff.
 This little man crashed on mom one day.....a highlight for sure!
 We took long baths, played with lots of foam soap and wore our shark towels!
 We went to eat at Noodles&Co, and while the food was far from great, Braidy made the most of it and pretended to be "Master Shifu" from Kung Fu Panda
Lots of playtime with the Fierce5
 We ate lots of ice cream. Not lots, but some! And it was delicious
 We made a late night trip to the mall and played for a few minutes
MOST OF ALL, WE MISSED OUR DADDY AND OUR JOHNNY! 

No comments: