Friday, March 8, 2013

LBK BLZRD 2013

Hard to believe with the 70-80 degree weather we've had lately, but early last week, we had a BLIZZARD...or at least a LUBBOCK BLIZZARD...if anyone is reading from the Northeast, I'm sure they're rolling their eyes, but it was crazy weather for us Texans. We got 3-4 inches of snow, but that morning we also had Lubbock winds. Wind+Snow=Blizzard. I couldn't tell if it was snowing or if existing snow was being blown everywhere, either way, you couldn't see anything and it was cold. Needless to say, it was a PJ's, movies, hot cocoa kind of day. But the boys were stir crazy. We invited Crockett over. That helped for a little bit. They wanted so bad to go play in the snow, but I was afraid they'd blow away. So, I saw a friend's facebook post, and I copied her. We brought the snow to us. We made snow ice cream, but what was more fun for the boys was just playing, measuring, stirring, and making a big giant mess for mom to clean up later. It kept them happy for a good while, so I wasn't complaining! After lunch and naps I decided to let them go outside because the wind had died down. We bundled up and out we went. They loved it and had a ball. Quin didn't last too long, but Braidy stayed out there until I made him come in. He made a beautiful snow angel. Quin ate some snow and loved it. They were definitely the cutest snowboys I've ever seen!














No comments: