Quin has had several big changes in his life lately, with starting school earlier this year, to turning 2 and being in the "big boy" class at church, to suddenly becoming too "big" to sit in his booster chair at home or in restaurants, to being completely potty trained, and now, he sleeps in a big boy bed! Ask Ryan, I was fairly positive that he'd stay in his crib until middle school, because "if it's not broke, don't fix it!"....but I had a dilemma. He wet the bed several times a week. So I thought, well I can't "lock" him in a bed for 12 hours and expect him to be dry. So after a couple of weeks, (and a incident that caused me to need to bleach and scrub his crib completely), we decided to go for it and make his bed into a toddler bed. I was dreading this because Braidy was SUCH a nightmare....heck, he still gets out of bed! But, I should know. My kids are completely different in almost every way. Quin is our very obedient one.
The first night, he tried to get out one time, and daddy spanked him pretty good. That was it. He hasn't gotten out again since. That's all it took. He even waits for me to come get him in the morning. I remember the first morning, he was still in there after 8am, which is pretty late for him. But after a while I heard, "MONICA! MONICA! MONICA!" He was calling my name for me to come in there and "let" him out. Blows my mind, and it completely cracked me up that he was calling me "MONICA". He hasn't had an accident since we've changed his bed, so maybe just the thought that he could get out and go potty if he needed to helps.
Quin, you're a rockstar. You've always been SO easy and so "go with the flow" but you prove to be even more so now that you're such a big boy. You make us so proud. Ok, enough with the changes. Stay this age and stage forever. You're the best!
Fresh Milled Flour Conversion Chart
11 months ago

1 comment:
So sweet! I love sleeping baby pictures! So proud of you Qinny! What a big boy you are!
Post a Comment