So I see him outside sitting in the driveway with his basket of toys, and a small tupperware bowl for his earnings, of course. I am watching him through the window and notice our friend and neighbor, Britni come over. They are talking, she is laughing, and he is instructing her to come back with money for a toy. Customer #1 leaves empty handed. Braidy continues to sit. Britni now drives up with her mom and cousin, and they are dying. Her mom bought Ryker a car, and gave him a dollar (toys were only a penny! What a steal!). They leave, I bought a toy, Ryan bought a $5 toy, and then Braidy was off to Crockett's house to sell his unwanted toys to his cousins.
Jess told me that Braidy made Crockett and Bowen pick a toy, and then he asked Jess to give him money for their toys! Pretty demanding, huh?! So he sold a few toys, made a few bucks, but he was serious business man, and it cracked me up. I was laughing and laughing. Ryan later told me that he used to sell his toys all the time when he was younger....so maybe we have a business man on our hands, in this 4 year old boy of ours.
He did make a "CLOSED" sign and hung it on our front door, so if you're interested in some used, unwanted, but one cent toys, please wait until we are "OPEN" again for business. This boy makes me laugh and I love the imagination and the ideas he has everyday. He is very literal, so we must be careful what he sees and watches, because if Andy's mom on Toy Story 2 had a yard sale, Braidy can too!


1 comment:
I can't stop laughing! I can just picture him sitting in the yard selling his toys. Business man at age 4! I'm impressed! Glad you blogged this! He'll need to frame this story and put it up in his office someday! The start of the famous Braidy Curry - move over Donald Trump! :-)
Post a Comment