Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Quinny!

I can't believe it's time to write another BIRTHDAY post for my baby boy. Quin is officially a 2 year old, and I cannot even begin to sum up what this year has meant for me, my family and our sweet Quin.
This year he has transformed into a little boy right before our eyes. Really in the last couple of months it has been even more obvious to us that toddlerhood is here! Such a fun stage and such sweet smiles he brings to our faces every single day. He is such a little lover. He will ask for hugs and "tiss" every chance he gets. Rarely will he turn down a request for either. His snuggles are the best, we cling to the moments he lays his head on our shoulder for a quick reminder of how much he loves us.
He has 3 dimples on his right cheek, which means he will forever get whatever he wants! ha! Since the day he was born, he's always been the most content little man I've known, and luckily, that continues even today! He's easy to put to bed, always happy when he wakes up, and rarely gives us grief for bedtime, bathtime, naptime, etc. In fact, one night not too long ago, I was in the living room with him and I guess he was getting tired, because he said "Night Night Momma" and began walking to his room! He does love his sleep, and we are thankful for that!
He has a few favorite things, although not near as "quirky" as his big brother Braidy. He loves "Choc milk", his Elmo, squeeze fruit pouch things, yogurt and yogurt bites, music playing in Braidy's room, brushing his teeth, putting money in his piggy bank, chasing momma, and asking where every member of our family and every friend is 7896 times per day....oh, and asking "WHAT?" another 451,345 times per day. I know he can hear, I just think he knows how to drive me crazy and he likes it!
He wears size 8 shoe, size 2T clothes, size 4 diaper (hopefully potty training is in the near future!), isn't a great eater, but not terrible either. He can sing his ABC's...partially anyways. Pretty good from Q-R-S on. He can count to 13....and everything is "BLUE"! He talks in full sentences and 90% of what he says I can understand with ease. I love that he can tell me what he wants/needs and we don't have many if any struggles because of lack of being able to communicate.
He loves his friends. "Tabors" and "Tape" are his best buddies and we ask about them and pray for them daily. He's taught Tabor how to be a hugger, and Cape is the leader of the pack. They are sweet friends, and I love that my son loves my best friend's boys too!

Quinny J,
I cannot believe 2 years has come and gone. I can't imagine our lives without your sweet face, your loving personality, and the joy you've brought into our home. The Lord knew exactly the hole we needed to fill when he gave us you. I smile more, laugh more, and my heart is full because of you! You are (one of) the loves of our lives and we are forever thankful for you!!!! Happy 2nd Birthday My Love!

No comments: