Saturday, February 18, 2012

Quin is 15 months old!

Time to sit down, take a breath, and document a little about my now, 15 month old!

You FINALLY took your first steps on Saturday, February 11th...you did it a few times (3 to 5 steps) but that's about it. You walk super stiff legged, but you can do it! You still will walk for us occasionally, but more times than not, we'll stand you up, tell you to walk to us, and you'll sit down and start crawling. So...I think you're just a little lazy. It's ok though, I know you'll be a walker before too long, I am just glad to know you can when you're ready!

I am in the process right now of switching out your clothes from 12-18 months to 18-24 months...pants were getting a little short and your big belly was hanging out of most shirts...I always like change and having a brand new (to YOU) wardrobe every few months is kind of exciting!

You are really starting to talk a bit more every week, although not much of it we can understand. You say MOMMA, BYE, and Hi clear as day. You LOVE shouting BYE and HI at people who are visiting or leaving, and waving or simply holding your hand up. Like 300 times. Over and over and over. You also say "Boo" for Book, and point to it when we go in your room before nap or bedtime...so yes, you LOVE to read. Your favorite is a flap book that you have just about ruined by pulling all of the flaps off of the pages...that is the book you want to read over and over. You understand quite a bit and can follow a simple instruction...although your listening skills are lacking (although I'm sure all 15 month olds are!). Actually I think you have just already mastered "Selective Listening". For some reason you can NEVER hear me tell you to leave Scout's food alone or to NOT go outside when it's snowing and/or raining!

You still LOVE to go out the doggy door, and lately it's been kind of nice outside, so I'll let you play in the backyard and you are as happy as a clam out there. I can't wait for summer. We will be out there ALL. DAY. LONG. The other day I was starting dinner, and looked outside and you were on the trampoline. I went out there to get you down and you saw me coming and got SO excited, so you started crawling towards me, and crawled RIGHT OFF the trampoline and landed right on your head on the picnic table. I was about a foot too far away to catch you. It hurt you and scared the daylights out of momma, but you were ok. Just a little knot on the forehead. Just 5 minutes later you were in the kitchen and you dropped a lid to one of our pots on your little toe. Again, it cut it and you were crying so hard, but you're are a tough little cookie. No wonder I don't get much done around here...look away for 2 seconds and it's never good.

You still sleep from 7:30 or 8 until 7:30. You still LOVE bathtime. YOu seem to be trying to drop your morning nap, but I'm trying to hold out just as long as possible. YOu usually take one GOOD nap a day, and then the other one is hit or miss, you might sleep some or you might just lay in your bed singing, crying, or talking.

You are 100% MONKEY. You can climb almost anywhere. I will not be surprised if you make it up John's bunkbed soon. Your favorite is the kitchen table, because usually there's either a Sonic DP or a McAlister's sweet tea up there...and you definitely help yourself!

You are a KISSER. You love to give kisses...so if Quin comes at you with his mouth wide open, he just wants a kiss. They're pretty sweet, slobbery but sweet and I love each one I get! When he lays his head on my shoulder or cuddles with me, he'll say "awwww".

You are a sweet, busy, handsome, mischievious, loud, loving, precious 15 month old, who keeps life interesting and SO fun!

No comments: