Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Port A: Day 4...final day!

On Thursday, our last day, was Ryan and I's fourth anniversary! We would celebrate when we got home, but we still enjoyed our day together! This day, we wanted to do a LOT! Fishing was first on the agenda. We loaded up and headed back out on the pier to see if we could catch a few fish. It was HOT HOT HOT outside, and poor Quin was just miserable...making mommy a little miserable too. We hung around just as long as we could. John and Braidy both had their own poles, and daddy helped put the bait on it. A while went by and no fish...just lots of sweat. As Braidy, Quin, and I decided to head for the beach, one of the poles got a bite...and caught a SHARK!! It was a baby, but it was still a shark. We ran back and saw it, took some photos, and I'm so glad we didn't miss it!







After that excitement, the 3 of us headed down to cool down somehow. We camped out under the pier in the shade and let Braidy play in the sand while Quin took a nap in the stroller. He fell asleep as we were walking down the beach. Poor guy was SO good considering his schedule was no where to be found all week. He's adaptable, that's for sure! Daddy and John fished a while longer and then joined us for some more time at the beach before we called it quits for lunch and naps.

After naps, daddy took the 2 big boys to the beach one more time while Quin and I hung out in the condo and started the packing process. I was exhausted and just wasn't up for another beach trip. Before dinner we went and did a little shopping at the "shark place" that they had been dying to go to. It had a huge shark you could stand in and walk in through...pretty fun! Bought the boys a shirt and a toy they got to pick out. They both got a plastic dragonfly of all things. Like a big blue one that is squishy. Oh well, that's what they wanted! That night we went to a "Seafood and Spaghetti" place and it was pretty good. Not "Virginia's" good, but much better than the pizza or Fin's...or whataburger! We had some more seafood, but were ready to go as soon as we got there....I think by this point we were all SO tired and the boys showed it...making the going out to eat less than enjoyable. But we made the most of it and were thankful once we were done! We did manage to find a delicious ice cream place, where we all had a scoop of ice cream before we called it a night.


And that about sums up our trip. We had a GREAT time and enjoyed lots and lots of family time. I know the boys had a blast and really, that is all that matters. Vacations are exhausting and HARD WORK when you have 3 little ones, Ryan and I definitely learned that lesson quick! We'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I am so thankful we make time to spend together like this. We will always have our vacation memories to remember forever!!!

No comments: