Monday, March 7, 2011

thirty

My husband turned the big 3-0 last Thursday! I'd been secretly planning a few fun surprises that day, so we were excited that 3/3 finally arrived. His secretary at his office (whom we all LOVE) asked for some pictures of Ryan as a baby/kid that she could blow up and decorate his office with. Ryan's mom sent me some great ones, and the poster that Patrice made was perfect, as were all the BLACK streamers and balloons! Ryan was a great sport, he appreciated the effort everyone made to make his day at work special. Braidy, Quin and I went to the office for lunch, but Quin wasn't feeling very good so we made it a quick visit.

After work, I told Ryan I was taking him to Outback and that a babysitter was coming to watch the boys. He had to run to baseball practice really fast after work, so he was in and out in 10 minutes. I purposely left the house "undone" so he wouldn't read into things. The minute he left I started cleaning. I didn't leave TOO much to be done because I only had about an hour. At 6:45 some friends started coming over for a little surprise party. Cliche' but I had to do it. Bighams catered it and Mrs. Camps made her famous strawberry cake (R's favorite!), so I kept it simple on my part! They all parked down the street so when Ryan drove home from practice he wouldn't see a bunch of familiar cars! He walked in the door around 7, and SURPRISE!! He said he really was surprised. I'm glad, because I'm usually horrible about covering my tracks. We had BBQ and enjoyed visiting. I missed much of the party because poor Quin was sick, but I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves!



And for the final surprise. I've been saving my pennies for a few months now, and most of the family went in with me, but his present was an IPAD 2! It comes out this Friday, so he had to wait an extra week, but I know it will be worth it!

I am so thankful that Ryan was born 30 years ago. He is such an amazing husband and father to his boys. He provides for our family, he is a wonderful spiritual leader for our home, helps me around the house, and never tires of playing with his boys. We all love you so much!!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Sounds like you had an AMAZING birthday! We love you and hope your new year as a 30yr old is full of many wonderful blessings! -Danielle & Ty