Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mission: Accomplished


About 5 weeks ago, Ryan decided he was going to run in a 1/2 marathon. He had not been running previously, so this was more of a motivation to get back in the gym. He trained pretty consistently for a few weeks and then got sick. So for a whole week he was out. With the race just a week or so away, he got back out there and started running. Lots of people laughed at him and thought there was no way he could just up and run a 1/2 marathon. I was a little worried given his heart condition, but knowing my husband and how competitive/stubborn he is, I knew he would not only finish, but he would do pretty darn good. And I was right.

This past Sunday morning him and my sister-in-law Marci, ran the Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 Mararthon in Dallas. Todd, Dan, myself and the 2 little boys went to a few different stops along the way to cheer them on. Nena, Pops, and the 2 big boys met up with us also so we could all watch and support them! I was super impressed. I could have watched the people run all day. It was really fun! Here are the spectators...everytime they'd fall asleep it would be time to get back out into the coldness. They were troopers and were GREAT!



I got texts at the start, the 5K mark, the 10K mark, the 10 mile mark and the finish line. Ryan finished in 2:38, could not have been more PROUD of my husband! Way to GO!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cayce said...

And darn it, I was right behind him and didn't see a one of y'all!