Friday, March 18, 2011

4 month old baby





4 months old today! Wow, that's 1/3 of a year, but let's not try to think about it like that just yet. I love this stage. Ok, I love every stage. Here's what Quin has been up to lately:

1. He rolled over for the first time today. Yes, the day he turned 4 months! I put him on his back on his mat to play, and I came back in the living room and he was on his tummy! I rolled him back over, and sure enough, he did it again! Go Q!

2. He caught RSV and was diagnosed with it yesterday...and an ear infection. So breathing treatments every 4 hours have kept me busy. Between that and feeding him every 3 hours, there goes the day! Wouldn't change it for the world though...well I could go without the breathing treatments...but as long as they are helping, I'm good!

3. He has regressed some in the sleeping department. He was sleeping 10-12 hours a night, but now he wakes up once at about 3 or so. Between you and me, I love this. It is the only time of the whole day where it's just him and I, and a quiet, dark house. It's a very special time that, even though I'm sleepy, I truly cherish it. Now, if it was a 3 time a night thing, I might feel differently =)

4. When we went to the dr. yesterday he weighed 16lbs 10oz, but that was with clothes and a pretty soggy diaper...but I'm guessing about 16 1/2 pounds or so.

5. He drools 24/7. Braidy wasn't much of a drooler, but this babe is a drooling machine.

6. He belly laughs and it's the sweetest sound in the world. You have to act really dumb, but it's worth it.

7. He is still the happiest baby on the block. He continues to be super laid back and is cool with just laying or sitting and watching the world. (Just like his momma)

8. We have at least one blowout everyday. When the kid poops, he POOPS! Goes straight up his back and we get to change clothes and do laundry. Oh well, thankful for a working digestive system!

Here are some recent pictures of our 4 month old!




3 comments:

Kyle and Amber said...

Praying little Quin gets better quick! Can't believe he's 4 months! SUUUCCCHHHH a cutie!!! Love those squeezable cheeks.

Sam and Mandy said...

Monica..he is precious!

Jessica and Chris said...

I love me some baby Quin! He is so adorable... I had so much fun holding him and making him laugh. I could listen to him, smell him, and squeeze his thighs all day long :) Crockett really loves him too!! XOXO