
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 38.5 Weeks
Size of baby: Quin is big. That's all I know.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 18 lbs...exact same as with Braidy
Maternity Clothes: growing OUT of maternity shirts...PROBLEM!
Gender: It's a boy!!! Quin Joseph Curry
Movement: Tons of movement...all over the place. I think he's going to weigh 15 lbs and be 30 inches long...he's everywhere...high, low, I even feel kicks almost in my back!
Sleep: Not much, but I know God is preparing me...although I am ready to be up all night with a precious, sweet baby than just to go potty all night long!
What I miss: Walking without hurting, sitting without hurting, laying without hurting, that's about it!
Cravings: Candy and anything really bad for me. I just snack these days because full blown meals are not appetizing. ALthough, I've eaten my body weight in candy (candy corn, peppermint taffy, marshmallows) here lately.
Symptons: being tired all the time, back hurting...but I can't complain.
Best Moment this week: Getting his nursery DONE! Daddy worked SO hard last weekend painting and getting everything ready. It turned out SO cute...I love it!
So I haven't posted much on this pregnancy probably because so much is going on in addition to being pregnant. But I love this little survey I've seen, and I want to be able to look back and see what was going on. I've been going to the doctor weekly for about 4 weeks now, and each time I've been dilated one cm. A little frustrating, but at the same time I know he'll come at the perfect time. Up until now we really were NOT ready for him to come, our house has been a war zone. After last weekend it's much more "ready" or at least ready enough!
I LOVED being pregnant last time, this time I am just MUCH bigger (really, I am!) and much more uncomfortable. I think last time I could have played a game of basketball on the day I delivered. Nothing really hurt, I wasn't very big, I just loved being pregnant...what was there not to love? This time I'm just your typical big, tired, uncomfortable pregnant lady! ALthough I am still trying to cherish everyday I have left of the pokes and prods of the little man growing in my tummy.
I am also trying to soak up every minute of Braidy being my "baby" and being able to spend everyday at home with him, just the 2 of us. I am trying to enjoy the simple things...playing with blocks that get thrown all over the house, watching him paint, reading books. I'm trying to prepare him, the best I know how, of all the "cool" things big brothers get to do! I know he's going to be a fabulous big brother, but his role is about to change. He'll always be my baby though....I can't wait to watch him and John fall in love with thier baby brother. Lots of different emotions going on right now: joy, anxiety, guilt, wonder, nervousness, excitement...I could go on and on. Really, I'm just ready to begin life with little Quin as a part of our family!
Before I get too sentimental, here are pictures of baby Quin's nursery. I love love love how it turned out.




A blank wall...not sure what to do here...may just wait for some newborn pictures. Any other ideas?

My super talented friend, Emilie, made these...aren't they precious!

3 comments:
I LOVE IT! You look wonderful, I didn't know if your belly could grow more since I saw you a few weeks ago, but I think it has :) I love that we are able to share this journey together and I cannot wait to meet Quin! It will be an adjustment for you all, but it will be SO MUCH FUN!! I love you all and will see you ANY DAY NOW!!!! XOXO
You look beautiful!!!!! The nursery looks like it belongs in a magazine! Seriously your life is one I totally admire and love to share in! I love you guys and can't wait to meet Baby Quin! I know Braidy and John will instantly love their new Brotherly role changes! Oh I hope Quin is being born right now!! Love you!
What a sweet sweet post Monica!! I absolutely love Quin's nursery, you did a fantastic job!!!! He is so precious and will love his room! Seeing as Quin was almost 9 pounds, does that mean you're going to leave the hospital your pre-pregnancy weight?? You did such a great job being pregnant!! You are gorgeous and I am so happy for your sweet family!!!!!
Post a Comment