Sunday, September 12, 2010

An apple a day...


Saturday Braidy and I went to the "Apple Butter Festival" out at the apple orchards in Idalou. We've never been before, but when Alisa invited us we were so excited to go see what it was all about! We got there right when it opened and it wasn't too crowded, not too hot, and a fun time! We walked around for a while, visited the petting zoo where we petted a baby piggy, some lambs, and a miniature pony. We "drove" some tractors we found, as that was what Braidy was most excited about, because I told him we'd ride a tractor (hayride). Then we finally ventured to the apple orchards where they were giving hayrides through the apple trees. The hayride was fun and I think the kids liked it. They told us all about the orchard and what apples were where. After the ride we decided to pick some yummy apples! Braidy ate probably 3 whole apples while we were out there. We got some yummy ones and I also bought an apple cake to take home with us (it may or may not already be 3/4 gone...I guess Quin likes apple cake!) We had a great time. By the time we left there were SO many people out there. Hopefully next year they will plan for more so it will be a little less chaotic! It was a fun time and we'll definitely go back next year!



2 comments:

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Hi Monica!
Hope you are doing well! Haven't gotten a chance to see you in a while. I love these photos! Braidy is simply adorable!
Here's my blog link if you'd link to check it out:
amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com
Miss you sweet lady!
-Amy

Analissa said...

Aww Braidy is getting so biig! Hes so cute!! Miss you!!