Sunday, May 23, 2010

My 22 month old...

I have been a BAD mommy lately...I have completely neglected my camera as of late. I brought her out of hiding, so I can continue to document the happenings around here.

I'll let this first picture tell the story. Let's just say after watching mommy doing something very similar to this on Saturday morning, Braidy thought he'd do the same thing. With sound effects and all. And as yucky as I was feeling, I couldn't miss this photo op. I thought it was funny, and indeed, he made me laugh when I wasn't really in the laughing spirit. Moral of the story: Your kids are ALWAYS watching you and want to be just like you!

And then, when I was still laying on the bed...I hear "Momma, all done PEEEEEEZ" about a million times. Finally I get up to go see what he is all done doing (do I really want to know???) and I find him BEHIND our entertainment center. How he got back there, i'll never know. I tried to get him to get back there again later but he could not get back there. Hmmm...


On Saturday night Ryan and I let him lay with us...or try to. He will NOT go to sleep in our bed, he just wants to play and play and play...and talk. For about an hour he would constantly ask questions: Momma ok? Daddy ok? Momma sick? Daddy sick? Johnny ok? Momma ok? Momma sick? You get the picture. He is a concerned little man. It was just so sweet though, so I answered him every single time. I think this stems from a few weeks ago when my mom and Les both had the tummy bug. It had been quite a while since we'd seen them and everytime Braidy would ask about "wuwupapaw" I would say that they were sick and that their tummy's hurt. Since then, he's always asking if we're ok and if we are sick...obviously sometimes I say, YES mommy is sick!

This morning I couldn't help but take pictures before church. Our little man looked so handsome, if I do say so myself. I really got nostalgic because Aunt Rachy got this shirt for Braidy at his baby shower and I never thought he'd be that big to wear it. (Of course I was hoping he would because it was so cute)...but here he is in his shirt that fits perfectly. Wasn't that just yesterday when we got that???



And today it was beautiful outside and of course we jumped on the trampoline and swung. On the highest big boy swing, of course. Momma got to swing on the short one. Anywho, a couple more pictures.



And while not everything is easy, happy, and wonderful in this little man's world, I try to focus on what is. Yes, the terrible 2's have been in full swing lately, but he sure is sweet and lovable when he wants to be. He gives the sweetest kisses, the greatest hugs (with pats), and the "wuv ewww momma's and wuv ewww daddy's" just melt our hearts. When he says "thank eww momma" after I do something for him or when he says "soweee daddy" after he's gotten in trouble, it makes it all worth it. Good, bad, ugly, I love it all and wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything on this Earth.

No comments: