Friday, February 19, 2010

S is for Slacker

Many people have nonchalantly mentioned how the blog has been neglected as of late. I have been SUCH a slacker and I'm disappointed in myself. This will be a "catch-all", but I will pick up the slack starting today! I know what the deal is: usually, naptime meant a chance to blog/clean/etc, but these past couple of weeks I've been using that time to clean and do invitations, etc. Poor little blog got neglected. Oh, but I'm back. Ok. Now, where to start?

The weekend before Valentine's, Nena and Pops came to visit for a few days. We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving...that's a long time without seeing your grandbabies. So they came, we had a great visit. They jumped on the trampoline, took Braidy and John to Chuck-E-Cheeze, went to a movie, went to John's school, and just had some good 'ol "Nena and Pops time". We sure were happy to get to see them!!!





Crockett and Jess came the week before Valentine's. Crockett and Braidy are to the point where they have SO much fun playing together. They will just chase and chase each other. Crockett will tackle Braidy to the floor. They will wrestle and laugh. Yes, 11 month olds and 19 month olds wrestle. Boys. LuLu brought Valentine cupcakes for them and they were in heaven. Crockett went to town and loved it. It was good practice for his big first birthday next month!





Valentine's Day. Ryan and I didn't do much for each other (except cards..oh, and I got some GIRL SCOUT COOKIES...i'll take thin mints over roses anyday!) My husband knows how to make me happy...chocolate! I made dinner, Braidy made his "own" dinner, and that was about it! I tried to make my mother-in-law's famous Shrimp Fettucini. I think she'd be proud. It wasn't quite as good as her's...but it was YUMMY!! I am pretty sure Ryan and Braidy loved it too, because between the 3 of us, we finished off the small pan of it that I made. Braidy and I made chocolate covered strawberries that were DELICIOUS. (except Braidy took all the chocolate off...)



On Tuesday morning, the children's staff from eLife went to the C3 Kids Conference at Fellowship Church in Grapevine. It was a fun 2 days away. We ate a ton, learned alot, and had some great fellowship together. I am so lucky to get work with the greatest staff on the planet. On Wednesday before we left, the WHOLE staff came into town (not just children's) and we went to Main Event to bowl, play games, and play laser tag. So fun. We had a great time. After dinner the girls came back to Lubbock, while the rest of the staff stayed for C3. I sure missed my boys at home, but I'm pretty sure they enjoyed some daddy-only time!!! Here are some pictures of the fun we had!




That should catch us all up for the time being. More tomorrow!

2 comments:

Denae said...

haha...that is funny that people have been saying you haven't been blogging much. I am always impressed with how well you keep up with your blog! I am really trying to get mine going again. :) I think you should post the recipe to your shrimp fettucine...looks yummy!

Jessica and Chris said...

I think you just inspired me to update my blog.. it has really been a while. Maybe it is the time of the year?!?! Love the pictures, please send them to me soon :) Love you guys and cannot wait to see you. Talk to you soon!