Saturday, February 27, 2010

DEMOTED!

A month and a half ago, my sweet husband decided to lower Braidy's crib into a toddler bed. I was a little apprehensive, but daddy assured me that after a week or so, he'd be good to go on the big boy bed. He even said he'd get up with him if he got out of bed. Unfortunately, neither of these proved to be true statements. (Don't get me wrong, if I woke him up, RYan would gladly put him back in bed, but he sleeps hard and doesn't wake up for anything.)

The nightly routine went from easy to very hard. Braidy would get up time and time again, peek his little head out, smile, and after we'd tell him to go to bed, he'd go back in his room...only to sneak out and very quietly come into our room, again, with a big, proud smile on his face. Other times he would cry and lay his head by his door and watch us from underneath the door. Other times, I would go in there to "check" on him and he'd be playing with his toys, unplugging his sound machine, or rocking himself in the rocker. Besides the "before bed" routine, every night/morning he'd come into our room around 4 or 5 and either finish the night in between mommy and daddy or mommy would curl up and sleep with Braidy in his itty bitty bed.

SO, moral of the story, Braidy is not quite ready for the big boy bed. He's been demoted back into the crib, but he seems happy (after the first night of screaming) and he even slept through the night last night! Hallelujia. I felt like I had a newborn again there for a while.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

1 comment:

The Kalivoda's said...

oh man, what a rough couple of weeks...i am glad he slept through the night once again...i am sure YOU needed...i know i would!!!