Saturday, July 19, 2014

Remodel: Before/During

Early spring we began the REMODEL project on about 1/4 of our house. I'm kicking myself for not taking true "BEFORE" pictures, but everything was not in great shape. Braidy's old room was BRIGHT blue, John's room was a dingy grey, and the bathroom was yuck-o. We were going to completely remodel the boys' rooms and our guest/boys bathroom. It. Needed. It. We had what we wanted in mind, but who knew it would be SUCH a big project. Ryan did a lot of the demo himself, but we had the majority of it done by professionals. Ryan could probably have done it all, but between starting a new job, and raising a family, there was not time for him to tackle it all!  Here are some before and during pictures...BOY, was it a MESS!!!
front boys room after texture was blown.


back boys room after texture

Our poor wood floors in the hallway. I never thought they'd look the same again....

New texture!

before carpet and paint...we had just ripped out the old stuff!

Bathroom mid-demo


bathroom post demo with new tub installed and new walls.


New bathroom cabinets!


Getting ready for bathtub tile


New floor tile...my favorite!


Pretty new tile!


New granite and sinks!


Now this is a part Ryan and I did by ourselves. I just helped. But we hung all trim and crown moulding. What we thought would take a few hours took ALL NIGHT LONG. We were up until 4 or 5am hanging this stuff because the painter was coming the next morning! 




No comments: