Monday, April 18, 2011

5 Months Old!!!!


Sweet little Quin turned 5 months old today!!! And what a joyous 5 months it has been.

-You wear size 3 diapers.
-You wear size 6-12 month or 9 month clothes (you wore an outfit last week that Braidy wore at his 9 month pictures!)
-Still only nursing....we haven't tried any food yet...we will soon. I'm just having a hard time realizing it's time for all that "big boy stuff". I remember THE DAY Braidy turned 4 months old, I rushed out to get cereal for him to try. This time I'm waiting as long as possible. Obviously he is gaining plenty by just being breastfed, so I'm in no rush, and the Dr. agrees.
-Still waking up at least once a night...usually around 3. Nurse and back to bed in 15 or 20 minutes, not bad.
-Love your swing outside, and sometimes if it's in the evening, you'll even fall asleep in there!
-Take 2 or 3 naps a day...10-12, 2-4, 5:30-6:30 or 7....can't quite make it until bedtime after that 2nd nap.
-A week ago we had his 4 month well-check and he weighed 16lbs 15 ounces (80th %), and was 27.5inches (97th %)
- Really enjoy your exersaucer in the mornings for 30-45 minutes!
-You are ticklish under your neck and on your ribs....but you'll try SO hard not to laugh!
-Have found your toes recently and you'll just stare and stare at them!
-You think your brothers are So funny...always smiling at them!
-You still have to be swaddled every night and at naptime. You WILL NOT SLEEP if you aren't swaddled (only tried for a few minutes, but it didn't work). Pretty sure I'll have to come swaddle you on your wedding night =)
-Our goal for this month is to get you to take a bottle just for the occasional babysitter or when daddy is here with you. Right now you are a NO go for bottles....we shall see!

You're getting so big, but you're still just our little sweet natured baby! I'll take 10 more babies if they are just like you! One of my favorite things about you right now is getting you out of bed in the morning, or after you wake up from your nap, and you're just so happy and have the biggest smile on your little fat face!


and now he's ALL DONE taking pictures....these are going to only get harder to take from here on out!

No comments: