We headed down Friday to be greeting by some homemade fried shrimp. (Yes, a majority about this blog/trip will be about food...) We hung out with the Curry's and enjoyed our delicious dinner. Braidy was OBSESSED with Bella and Baylee (the dogs). He wanted to be outside with them every second, and as soon as he woke up in the mornings, he'd say "arfff arfff"...and apparently, he wanted to pick Baylee's nose for him...eeeck.

Saturday we went to the wedding in Ft. Worth. It was incredible. It was at a church as was the reception. No offense to anyone who wanted or had a "church reception" but I just thought it'd be typical, cake, punch, a bunch of talking wtih family. I was wrong. It was beautiful. The colors were yellow and a red color, but the reception was all yellow. It was a "Dessert Reception" great idea! In one room they had a food station where you could fill up your "paper cone" with cheese popcorn, caramel corn or regular butter popcorn. They also had jars filled with lemon heads (YUM!) and lemon sucker stick things. Then in the other room they had glass bottles of lemonade and banana pudding in the "shot glass" that restaraunts are now serving desserts in. A few bites = perfect amount. Then in the big room they had more Desserts in the shot glasses: chocolate mousse, tiramisu, and more. They also had german chocolate cakes, chocolate mousse cakes, and even a station to make nachos. It was fancy and a great idea. I loved it!
Saturday night, Nena and Pops "braidy-sat" for us so that I could take Ryan out to Fogo De Chow for his birthday, and Todd, Marci and Dan joined us. It was fabulous. We all ate a TON and left there feeling a little sick. I know the boys especially enjoyed it and probably got their money's worth! Those boys can eat!


Sunday we had a crawfish boil before everyone left to head home. 140 lbs of crawfish later, we are feeling sick again. But, man, was it TASTY.








Marci's doctor decided not to induce on Monday =( so we did not get to be there for his birth, but the good news is, he is coming soon!!! I can't wait for my sweet little nephew to be born. I love him already!!!
We drove home early Monday morning. Let me just say that Braidy HATES riding in the car. He's never been a good traveler and as he ages, it doesn't get much better. This picture sums up the trip home =)

No comments:
Post a Comment